We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How do I prove he is depriving himself of income?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No it probably isn't. But "on paper" that is exactly what he is - an employee! The HMRC, CSA and any other alphabet soup, has to go on what is down on paper. They cannot work on "maybes. I'd just get on with your life, and forget all about what he has or is doing. It'll just chew you up, and there is sod all you can do about it. If you can speak to him, could you suggest he opens an account for the kids, that way at least, the kids can get some benefit from him.
  • jetta_wales
    jetta_wales Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    Marisco wrote: »
    No it probably isn't. But "on paper" that is exactly what he is - an employee! The HMRC, CSA and any other alphabet soup, has to go on what is down on paper. They cannot work on "maybes. I'd just get on with your life, and forget all about what he has or is doing. It'll just chew you up, and there is sod all you can do about it. If you can speak to him, could you suggest he opens an account for the kids, that way at least, the kids can get some benefit from him.
    They do already get benefit from him as he is paying £68 per week.
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SarahT1980 wrote: »
    On paper I know he is not a director. But he is doing the function as a director, he decides how the company moves forward, negotiates building contracts and directs future expansion plans. But he is not being paid, instead its his GF that takes the income on his behalf, and he benefits through her.

If you phone the company on the pretext of instructing them to build a supermarket or a school, its my ex you speak to. He will commission his GF to design it and draw the building plans once the contracts are exchanged. He does the role of his ex employer and thats hardly the role of a £15k a year employee.
    It doesn't need a director to run a company. That is the role of a manager and his staff.

So the ex owner was hands on. This does not mean that the director's role is to deal with all orders, it's just something that he wanted to do. he was probably doing because that is the way that he worked from when the business was a one man band.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport