Great 'Best Tesco Rewards' Hunt

Comments

• mungaman
    mungaman Posts: 32 Forumite
    Tried to book a weekend at Macdonald hotel in Bath (£390 in vouchers-£72.50 x 4) but were told we needed a 4poster bedroom (2 adults & 2 infants), & couldn't go on a weekend all year as it was booked out unless we paid an extra £420 cash!!
    Tried to book other hotels, same result, had to go during the week etc etc, what a con!!
  • mungaman
    mungaman Posts: 32 Forumite
    Lost those vouchers as can't make it to spa hotel in botley!!
    Going back to BA miles again now!!
  • sadiejp
    sadiejp Posts: 147 Forumite
    I recently changed some cc points to days out vouchers to use at blackpool zoo whilst we was there however due to poor weather we never went these are days out tokens (product code S3010). Is there any way i can now exchange these for vouchers to use at fantasy island which needs theme park token (product code s2001)

Thanks for your help
  • iainsmum
    iainsmum Posts: 222 Forumite
    We love eating out on the cheap! But living in Scotland we can't use a lot of the restaurant vouchers, but Pizza Express & Bella Italia are firm favourites....that reminds me I have some to use before end of June (swapped at 4x1)....Bella Italia for sunday lunch I think.

Also used vouchers to buy RAC membership & magazine subs as presents for family....excellent value.

And now my DS is getting a bit older, we shall take advantage of more swaps for entry into family attractions/fun days out, etc
    It doesn't hurt to be optimistic....you can always cry later. :cry:

You don't get if you don't ask!
  • lea63
    lea63 Posts: 1 Newbie
    sadiejp wrote: »
    I recently changed some cc points to days out vouchers to use at blackpool zoo whilst we was there however due to poor weather we never went these are days out tokens (product code S3010). Is there any way i can now exchange these for vouchers to use at fantasy island which needs theme park token (product code s2001)

Thanks for your help

Last year me and my family went to Blackpool. I changed my vouchers to use at the zoo, I could also use them at the tower and the pleasure beach they did not specify that you could only use them at one of the attractions. Has the offer changed now that you can only use them at a specific attraction?
  • cs29
    cs29 Posts: 18 Forumite
    BA miles with clubcard points easier to accumulate if you have a family BA account. This year my son gave me his BA miles so with tesco clubcard and flights in the past I have a free flight.
  • My vote goes to “Typequick Professional”. It’s a software package that teaches you to type using all your fingers without looking at the keys. I got it for my husband. He went from two-finger typing to typing ‘like a professional’! I’ve got “Typequick for Students” for my niece as her school (like many) doesn’t teach typing!! It’s a skill she will be very grateful she learnt when she goes to Uni and later in her work life. I know how essential it is in your work life, as I learnt at College. I’m sooooo glad I learnt that skill! I came across the software by chance on the Tesco Clubcard website (seemed to be hidden-away – it comes under the learning tab!). It’s certainly excellent value at only £10 in vouchers. Makes a fab Birthday or Christmas present.
  • sadiejp wrote: »

Thanks for your help

Have you phoned the Clubcard Help Desk (0800 011 3039)? They are really helpful (excuse the pun!). If the vouchers are still in date they may be able to credit them back to your account. I'd certainly give them a ring to explore the possibility. Good Luck.
  • confused57
    confused57 Posts: 587 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mungaman wrote: »
    Tried to book a weekend at Macdonald hotel in Bath (£390 in vouchers-£72.50 x 4) but were told we needed a 4poster bedroom (2 adults & 2 infants), & couldn't go on a weekend all year as it was booked out unless we paid an extra £420 cash!!
    Tried to book other hotels, same result, had to go during the week etc etc, what a con!!

I am having the exact same problem trying to book in the Yorkshire area. I have rung Tesco and they confirm that I CAN use my vouchers in other hotel groups. They were very helpful and read out all the participating hotels but I was so worn out at the time I haven't tried any of the others. I will have to pull my finger out quickly though else I'll end up losing them!
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The x3 Tesco deal is good. But beware of booking on the site direct(without an e voucher). All the tickets I've compared have a mark up over and above those available from train company websites.
    if i had known then what i know now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport