Great 'Best Tesco Rewards' Hunt

Comments

• bathyboots
    bathyboots Posts: 68 Forumite
    For the past 2 years I have used my Tesco points for Eurotunnel tickets for holidays in France (got them for this year while they were still x4). I also use the Ancestry.co.uk website and pay for premium membership. I also used vouchers to buy a Family Tree CD which also included 6 months membership to Ancestry (again while they were x4). This meant I could upgrade for a years worldwide membership for less than I was paying for premium membership. :j
  • lesbro
    lesbro Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I regularly renew my Digital Photo magazine using vouchers and this year have booked ferry crossings to Hook of Holland with Stena. I have the best cabin as well. I still have nearly £1000 in vouchers towards a P&O cruise. All by getting my rewards before they went down to just 3 times their value.
  • ceivegz
    ceivegz Posts: 71 Forumite
    I can't believe no one's mentioned train tickets via redspottedhankey.com...I now have enough CC vouchers to commute to work for free until the end of the year saving me an absolute fortune!
  • confused57
    confused57 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Hello, I have £280 of rewards vouchers to use by 15th May. I have never used these before (except to double up for stuff) and would welcome any advice or recommendations. Thanks in advance.
  • confused57
    confused57 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Sorry forgot to say that my vouchers are for Best Western - do they have to be used in these hotels or can they be used for others?
  • bsuije
    bsuije Posts: 61 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    confused57 wrote: »
    Sorry forgot to say that my vouchers are for Best Western - do they have to be used in these hotels or can they be used for others?

Blimey! That's a lot of points!!

Yes, I believe you have to use them at whichever company/brand you exchanged them for. So, long weekend somewhere nice?? :j

But if you don't manage to use them up, then I think you can return them to Tesco and they'll refund you the points. Do check the T&Cs though!!
  • mwjmum
    mwjmum Posts: 553 Forumite
    ceivegz wrote: »
    I can't believe no one's mentioned train tickets via redspottedhankey.com...I now have enough CC vouchers to commute to work for free until the end of the year saving me an absolute fortune!

:p Another travel one - double them up to use on Megabus (cheap bus and train journeys). With 2 student sons in London, it has saved quite a bit.

I still think Goldsmiths is a good deal also.
  • mazzaott
    mazzaott Posts: 28 Forumite
    Blimy charlie, This many points can't be got with regular purchases surely? I have the Tesco credit card regulary 2K plus a month and only rake up enough points for a few meals out.
    I assure you they were. I have an original Tesco Credit Card and put absolutely everything through it that I can. With a family of four to feed until recently, our Tesco bills were enormous. I take advantage of most extra point deals I see too. For instance Tesco Wine Club used to give out 500 point vouchers on a £50 wine order. Under the previous exchange rate, that was £20 off that £50, and if you were selecting a half price wine deal, minus Tesco's additional 5% off 6 or more bottles, it made good wine extremely reasonable. Living in Dover, it wasn't wsorth the treck to Calais as it would be more expensive to buy there than from Tesco. We always looked at Clubcard as our holiday fund and took up every chance to top it up legitimately that we could. We still do as we are frantically saving for the next exotic trip.
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2011 at 1:27PM
    My vote goes to BA Miles.

It is getting harder to get large numbers of Clubcard Points now and the reduction from 600miles/£2.50 to 500miles/£2.50 means you have to work harder!!

So far we've had three pairs of return tickets to Vancouver in Business Class as well as some other flights and already have nearly enough BA Miles for next year's trip :D

Another advantage is that if you have a BA Amex card and spend enough, you can get 2 for 1 on your BA tickets as well.

Points from other schemes such as Amex, Holiday Inn, Avis and others can also be converted to BA Miles, so you don't have to reply on Tesco.

There are downsides and BA Miles aren't good for everyone:

Economy tickets and flights within Europe are a waste of Miles and money.

Availability can be a problem on popular routes and you need to plan well ahead or be flexible with your dates.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • norfolkmum
    norfolkmum Posts: 21 Forumite
    I have used mine to purchase my RAC membership for several years, but this year I won't have enough since the 4x value has stopped! I am very "old style" so don't spend a lot. If there isn't anything else that I want I'll save them so that they will pay for next year's RAC membership.

I was going to use my tesco points on renewing my RAC cover, but on reading the rest of this site discovered that I could get the same cover that I was paying around £130 for at RAC for £38 at Autoaid. Cheaper and you save your tesco vouchers for something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure