PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Piadine - Cheap OS meal

Comments

• Tashja
    Tashja Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A lovely person posted arecipe for something called "Piadore" or something.

They were Italian tortilla type things :o

I can't find the link and wanted to make them for tea tonight because my little boy has friends around for tea - can anyone help.

T xx
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    posted a thread about tortillas a day or two ago and it was joined to an older thread.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Tashja,

I've added your thread to the piadine thread and here's a link to the thread that purpleivy mentioned: Tortilla wraps - how to make

Pink
  • Tashja
    Tashja Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you !!!

Off to start cooking now.

Nathan has friends for tea tonight so going to makethese and put bowls of fillings on the table so the kids can pick what they like !!!

T xx
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just come back from the Italian dolomites. As thriftlady has already said, piadina is the singular and piadine the plural.

We had piadine for pudding one night :j They were filled with a chocolate sauce made with Nutella, and a dollop of mascarpone on top :drool: :drool:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    HappyIdiotTalk Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    We had something similar for the millennium cellebrations when we were there to see in 2000. Italian Nutella is actually much nicer than english, if you try them side by side the Italian is by far the nicer tasting spread.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just come back from the Italian dolomites. As thriftlady has already said, piadina is the singular and piadine the plural.

We had piadine for pudding one night :j They were filled with a chocolate sauce made with Nutella, and a dollop of mascarpone on top :drool: :drool:

Penny. x

You mean that's it. :confused: :rolleyes: You should have asked the waiter for the ingredients. :p:D
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• JillD_2
    JillD_2 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    I have come back to this thread several times over the last couple of years and kept thinking I should make them but never got around to it, but finally tonight I made piadine for the first time - and they were absolutely scrumptious :)
    I was highly dubious to be hinest, and didnt have time to use the BM so I just did it by hand. My kneading is a bit rubbish and the dough looked a bit lumpy and bumpy but it didn't seem to make a difference. I rolled them out as thin as they would go so they ended up abotu 6 inches in diameter.

Even fuss pot Mr Jill said they were delish, and we both agreed they were better than tortilla wraps. We used them with veggie fajita mix. I love the sound of the nutella and mascarpone - :p

Thanks HappyIdiotTalk :T
    Jan GC: £202.65/£450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: £0/0lbs

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Has anyone made these and how do they go when cool? I tried making tortillas yesterday and er well, they um didn't work out too well.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• HappyIdiotTalk
    HappyIdiotTalk Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Never tried them cool to be honest. I'm one of those people that likes food hot. I always warm the plates in the microwave and eat my meal quickly before it can go cold. So I'm not sure what they'd be like cool, the idea doesn't sound very appealing to me, but they could be alright if you like that sort of thing, I suppose its just another type of bread.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure