PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Piadine - Cheap OS meal

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gosh lunch is late round your house, your post is clocked at 3.00AM! Glad you like them, what fillings did you use?

Penelope, how many did you have each? We find that two each at the size we make them is quite filling, so doubling the quantity would be too much for us (and I've got a good appetite). I'm looking forward to the photos if you have chance to post them up.

LOL! I'm on the sunshine coast of Australia, moved here a bit back from the UK. It was 1pm here

I put ham and a lil grated cheese in hubbies, and just a lil grated cheese in mine.
    Two each were very filling for us, though I could murder another one now!!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • livalot
    livalot Posts: 193 Forumite
    These sound yummy...... can't wait to make some. Can someone please tell me when to freeze them (before or after frying :confused: ) and when made how long they keep? (as if :rotfl: they will last that long anyway)
  • WrenBoy
    WrenBoy Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for this recipe. Just made some for lunch using spelt instead of ordinary flour and they tasted great. My first attempt at something like this so mine came out thicker and only managed to make 3. Must get a rolling pin! Will be using this regularly.
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    HappyIdiotTalk Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    livalot wrote: »
    These sound yummy...... can't wait to make some. Can someone please tell me when to freeze them (before or after frying :confused: ) and when made how long they keep? (as if :rotfl: they will last that long anyway)

I've never bothered to freeze any to be honest. It only takes a couple of minutes to get the raw ingredients into the bread maker and another couple to chop up the dough and roll it out when ready so I always make mine fresh.

If you do want to freeze some though, I think it might be best to freeze them raw so that they freshen up when cooked.

If you do try it, let us know if it worked.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • morganb
    morganb Posts: 1,762 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Right, where did I go wrong then? Made four today, 2 of which are more like poppadums, did I skimp on the oil?? The other 2 I oiled the pan to cook them and they came out lovely ... thought I could dry fry them though????
    Very nice with prawns, cream cheese and grated cheese!!
    That's Numberwang!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Penelope, how many did you have each? We find that two each at the size we make them is quite filling, so doubling the quantity would be too much for us (and I've got a good appetite). I'm looking forward to the photos if you have chance to post them up.

Sorry, there's 4 of us, so 2 each, though the hungry small penguins could have mananged 3 each :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I didn't bother with the BM either - but then I have the slave labour of small people to make my dough :p

Photos coming right up:

Rolling out -

MSE037.jpg

On the plate -

MSE041.jpg

With chicken filling -
    MSE040.jpg

Ready to eat -

MSE042.jpg

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    i see you cook like me PenPen - with a glass of wine on hand :D

They look delicious.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    thriftlady wrote: »
    i see you cook like me PenPen - with a glass of wine on hand :D

They look delicious.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was saturday night - DH forced it upon me ;) Didn't spot the microfibre cloth until I'd uploaded the pics, though :eek:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    HappyIdiotTalk Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    I spy with my little eye, a bread maker pan! Are you telling fibs about your little helpers? Hehe.

They look just like mine! And I cant get perfect circles either! Delish!
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Making them tonight. LOVE THIS THREAD, it is just sooo chatty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure