From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• Griizelda
    Griizelda Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Right, have been there and I'm pleased to say she's doing OK.

Obviously in a lot of pain and tired, but OK and hoping to go home in a couple of days, as it's taken more out of her than expected.

She says thank you to you all (and made me promise to not take a photo of her and post it on here :D) for your wishes, too.

The 14 year old redhaired Nurse Ratchett wannabe who has a face on her like she's been told she has to tidy her bedroom when she gets in tonight has had her card marked :cool:

But the male nurse was VERY cute. ;)

We need photo's:D:D:D

Glad to hear GR is doing ok.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Awwwwww - thanks Jo great to hear she's doing OK ...... the cute male nurse is probably helping a bit!:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Got a text to say she's going home today.

Not heard since, so I'm assuming she's having some well needed kip and cuddles with Zara and the mob - expect she'll be back on here soon enough now!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Home now, thanks Jo...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, really appreaciated.

Wa tol "you going home" at 8am but left hospital at 3.30 with a massive bag of 5 different painkilers, 2 boxes of injections My daughet was shown how togive those to me daily) some other pills too

Got home at just AFTER 4,
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DAMN CN NOT TYP went to bed, had massive probs getting out of bed twisting turning slidng etc...

off to brd now ssgain, not up to typing even rEALLY, THAKS AGAI
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you're home-take it easy
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK - perhaps can type a bit better than yesterday.

Was admitted to a ward Friday afternoon and had my surgery Saturday morning - it was robotic laparoscopy using da vinci surgical robot (google da vinci - very high tech) so minimally invasive, quicker recovery time etc.

Jo came to see me Monday I think? We swapped some stories but I could not laugh dute to I think 4 (or 3? not sure, did not look yet TBH) holes in my tummy.

They have removed all kidney and adrenal gland this way - my local hospital wanted to do an open surgery but I was lucky to be able to have it done at Guys with exellent surgeon, ward staff and technlogy.

Was up and walking by Sunday evening, eating normal food by Monday morning and discharged on Tuesday.

Got a bag full of painkillers and 24 syringes, those ready injections that my daughter will be giving to one per day till I think 15th May.

Was feeling really rough yesterday, came home by a cab but sitting down while the driver was navigating London streets for almost 40 min was tough, felt every turn/every stop/start in my insides and went a bit green...

Find getting into bed and coming out of bed really difficult as it is kind of bending and twisting and hurts like hell. Getting from lying down to sitting up and back - really difficult but.. it is early days.

Was told the surgery went very well. got sick note till 18th May and will see how I feel then.

Thanks again everyone fro good wishes and keeping your fingers crosed for me.

BTW - Zara has not eaten since Friday night.. till I got home yesterday.

Got to keep Macius the monster cat away from me now as he is brainless and still wants to always jump on me.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    Glad it all went well, take it easy!

x
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    Options
    rest well and let your daughter give you lots of tlc, as well as cuddles from the furry tribe!
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Great to see you back GR - sure you're relieved it's all over .... wishing you a speedy recovery.

Funny how some cats are a nightmare at jumping on you - Archie comes & goes during the night and never wakes me .... Mia (deliberately?) always jumps and lands on top of me to announce her arrival!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure