Lovefilm Free Trial: Alert

Options

Comments

• hibees1875_2
    Options
    We are sorry to see you go but we can confirm that your account is now cancelled
    and no further discs will be sent out to you.

We hope that you have enjoyed using the LOVEFiLM service and the door is always
    open for you to come back to us whenever you wish. Simply login to
    https://www.lovefilm.com using your usual details and you will be able to reactivate
    your account online.

Hope to see you back with us in the future.

With regards

Customer Services
    LOVEFiLM
    London UK
    https://www.lovefilm.com

LOVEFILM sub successfully cancelled. no hassle cancelled it online. they can get it right sometimes it seems.

anyone interested in a free months gift sub to lovefilm (lol) or is it so bad now they cant even give away their rental packages.
    Sorry but please keep your signature to 4 lines in length - MSE Forum Team 2
  • mjenn5
    mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am furious now.

As a couple of posts above. I too got swallowed up by the 3 months for the price of 1 and have just realised that I too have been charged for months that were supposed to be free.

I emailed them and got the reply that "If you had joined under any special offer, please intimate us with that promotional code so that we can redeem it for you."

This offer was given to me over the phone and there was not promotional code.

I have emailed them again and will be calling them first thing tomorrow but I too would like to know my rights on this one.

I will be looking at the thread mentioned earlier but would urge those thinking of going for this offer that Lovefilm do not stick to it.
    Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.
  • BoC163
    BoC163 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Help for a newbie poster please!
    I signed up for the free trial with Lovefilm 29/11/85, got my first DVD 3 days later and returned this and showing as received back by 6/12/06. I received notification that my second DVD had been dispatched 8/12/06, EDA 10/12 but still no disc today...the help site suggests allowing 4 working days before worrying but just wondered if I don't receive by tomorrow what next?...will the post get blamed, will I be responsible for its replacement or tied into membership until it turns up?
    Just I want to cancel membership asap and certainly before my 1st payment date due 20/12 as not too impressed by the 'get one DVD every 10 days or so' service!
    Would appreciate any advice as forewarned is forearmed as they say :eek:
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's Lovefilm's responsibility, not yours, to ensure the safe & secure despatch of a DVD to your address. As it is with any supplier.

But by virtue of the scale of its business Lovefilm can't do what others in different marketplaces do, which is to send by Signed For or courier. So it has to run the risk that sometimes, some despatched items will get lost or substantially delayed in the post.

The fact that you never received a non-trackable item posted out by Lovefilm shouldn't have any bearing on cancellation.

You just need to ensure your report of the non-delivery has been logged and acknowledged. If the DVD does turn up, you can then return it to them.

What you shouldn't do is keep waiting for it to show up, otherwise Lovefilm may in all good faith issue a replacement, which might be similarly delayed in the post. Then when you return it, and perhaps encounter postal delays yourself, you're out of time and the subscription charge kicks in.
  • BoC163
    Options
    codger wrote:
    It's Lovefilm's responsibility, not yours, to ensure the safe & secure despatch of a DVD to your address......
    Thanks for that Codger, if no DVD tomorrow I'll contact them re. non receipt and then also initiate cancellation using the advice on this forum...fingers crossed!
  • BoC163
    Options
    Still no DVD and I've waited the 4 working days. Just contacted Lovefilm on the number they provide on the cancellation link. Quickly answered by an Asian lady, she has made a note of non-receipt and confirmed firstly that my subscription has been cancelled and secondly that I am not liable for the missing DVD and that I will not be charged for it...just waiting for a confirmation e-mail and might just contact my bank to put a block on them accessing my funds...anything I've missed?....won't go down this path again! :mad:
  • codger
    Options
    You did well, BoCcie. And hopefully by now you'll have received confirmation by email of subscription cancellation (mine came through less than 5 minutes after cancelling on-line). I shouldn't worry about the bank situation, I haven't bothered about mine because the cancellation's in black-and-white. (Unless that qualifies for the Famous Last Words department. . .)

'S funny, but I was actually beginning to feel sorry for Lovefilm (because they must be getting it right some time) until this latest development over the apparent non-issue of Boots vouchers until an account is 28 days old.

So now we wait. . . ;)
  • scoultas
    Options
    Have LoveFilm changed their system for allowing on-line cancellations after 10pm? I just went to cancel, it's after 10pm, but it continues to tell me I need to call their 0870 number :confused:
  • codger
    Options
    scoultas: I had the same experience when I cancelled.

Wait until nearer 11pm, then in your account page, click on the cancellation link which appears in a column on the lefthandside. After that, it should be pretty painless (!)
  • purplestar133
    Options
    hi guys, and codger in particular, thanks for all your help and info about the lovefilm palava - you seem to become a bit of an expert...

I have trawled through most of the threads and posts about lovefilm and just wanted to pick people's brains about what's happened to me. I signed up for the boots voucher free trial, I had to cancel by the 20th Dec. I sent my dvd back on monday 18th dec, and cancelled that evening, about 8pm I think. I emptied my list too. The site has never said anything to me about phoning the 0870 number to cancel-it just had a link to click to cancel. So my account went into cancellation pending, on the 20th my cancellation was still pending, even though on my rental list it said I had no dvds at home. Like many people, i looked around for a phone number and, stupidly, clicked on a link to reverse pending cancellation, thinking it would bring up a page of info before doing anything. But no, it reactivated my account and said it would charge me straight away, so i cancelled straight away. :doh: That was the point where my account was fully cancelled, according to the email anyway.

Up to now, 21st dec, I haven't been charged ...yet ... Tried to block a potential debit but my bank wouldn't let me. I've sent lovefilm an email, but don't hold much hope in getting a reply that makes sense. Am I in trouble now cos of my own stupid mistake? or do you think that my cancellation after 10 secs means it won't have triggered a charge? eeek....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure