We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help! Bones!

Options

Comments

• mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    lemonjelly wrote: »
    Top class pair of threads MrBE!.:D

You got a dinner growing thread going this year? I'm late with my stuff but would wanna join up again.

Yes mate. Been wondering where you were. I hope you've got a note, for being this late? :p
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You little shoite lol, I told my husband and Dad last night all about this bloke on MSE who had found huuman bones in his garden and who had his passport taken off him by the Police! :eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You certainly got me going! :D
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • trudiha
    trudiha Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    You implied or at least allowed people to infer that you had found the bones of a murdered child in your garden as 'a joke' and other people are laughing along with you? There are some very strange folk in the world.
  • lemonjelly
    lemonjelly Posts: 8,014 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yes mate. Been wondering where you were. I hope you've got a note, for being this late? :p

Kinda. Been working on the census. Lettuce & first toms planted. A little variety this year. I'll hunt down the thread you started.:cool:
    It's getting harder & harder to keep the government in the manner to which they have become accustomed.
  • lemonjelly
    lemonjelly Posts: 8,014 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    trudiha wrote: »
    You implied or at least allowed people to infer that you had found the bones of a murdered child in your garden as 'a joke' and other people are laughing along with you? There are some very strange folk in the world.

That's nothing. You should see him bake a cake!:rotfl:

Seriously though, laughter is the best medicine. It takes all sorts. Perhaps you have yet to be properly indoctrinated to the Black Country sense of humour?;)

On reflection, now you know all is ok, you gotta admit it is a little bit funny...the reaction and all?
    It's getting harder & harder to keep the government in the manner to which they have become accustomed.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    trudiha wrote: »

I really do understand and sympathise with people who are upset...but ''comedy'' is full of such sort of emotional humour.

Like the time I sent my very serious young German Jewish cousin in law to see The Producers. Her eyes almost popped out of her head. She thought about it hard, and was laughing nervously by the end of the week. She has it on DVD now.
  • Skint_Lynne
    Skint_Lynne Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I fell for it, I felt really sorry for you. :p I am sure that there was no malice meant, so I guess it's best to take it in the way that it was meant to be, a joke. ;)
  • Desperate_Housewife_2-2
    Options
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    MBE, I have been thinking of your situation since the weekend and came back to see if you had told us what happened. Then I saw you was talking about pies.....

I did have a good laugh when I saw your post you little so and so.

To the person posting the link above, sadly these things happen in the world, but if you could not laugh about anything in case you offend someone, what a depressing place the world would be.
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Well, well, well.... Mr Bad, you certainly live up to your username don't you!
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family