We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help! Bones!

Options

Comments

• hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A great example of how the 'pack' can be led to believe things and start 'seeing' things that aren't there - didn't someone say they could see skin? My oh my.

Anyway, I thought the 'foot' looked a bit strange, far too big! But good post though, I enjoyed reading it. :D

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • emiff6
    emiff6 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Nice one! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:doh: I'm so gullible I shouldn' t be allowed out on my own.

Nice how people rally round though.
    :grouphug:
    If I'm over the hill, where was the top?
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    hieveryone wrote: »
    A great example of how the 'pack' can be led to believe things and start 'seeing' things that aren't there - didn't someone say they could see skin? My oh my.

Well, it is pretty realistic, and I carefully covered the bits that didn't look great (e.g. missing big toe & some of the "bone" is distinctly yellow). As for "skin", well that's there too:

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

From the posts I saw before the original thread was closed, only Lotus Eater had questioned its authenticity. Not one of my mates, even those who came and had a look, raised any doubts.
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    emiff6 wrote: »
    Nice how people rally round though.
    :grouphug:

Yes, it really was. I was genuinely quite stunned.

It's nice that people can see the funny side, and I can fully see the point of view of anyone that can't.
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It is certainly realistic, but I just think it shows a side to people that jump in and proclaim to 'see' skin etc, when really, it could be anything (as we have found out). Different personalities I guess. I watched the thread with interest, but decided to hang back and watch it unfold before making any claims ;)

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Sambucus_Nigra Posts: 8,669 Forumite
    Options
    You bad bad example. Norty step now!
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Options
    Oh hai! So no-one to dig your garden after all? :tongue:
    It was a bit strange that you would first post pictures on a public forum. :rotfl:
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    may your chillies get infested with aphids and you owe me a lemon drop chilli.
  • Siren1974
    Siren1974 Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    LMAO!!!! You little devil. Fascinating to watch it all unfold though. Well Done!
    Smashed through my weightloss target. Looking at 120lbs+ loss. BMI over 40 down to 20.5. Training hard to get body fat under 20%, not far to go now :j
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    misskool wrote: »
    may your chillies get infested with aphids and you owe me a lemon drop chilli.

With or without aphids? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure