We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help! Bones!

Options

Comments

• stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    May a plague of mutant sawflies descend on your fruit bushes!

I'm just really glad the bones are fake and not a 'real somebody'... but you know what happened to the boy who cried wolf... :)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Definitely one of the better spoofs on here. :) Terrible taste, but then it's pretty hard to affect anyone's emotions these days without crossing a few lines.

I still maintain that if it had been me, and for real, I'd have swung into action with the spade and removed all my prized plants before contacting anyone. After all., if it had been down there more than 6 years, what's another weekend? ;)

Indeed, it would have been a greater dilemma than that, because finding genuine evidence of a murder could do serious damage to the value of one's property. And no, I'm not talking Fred West here, but more mundane examples, including one in the place where I used to live. :(
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    I think it would have been funnier if you'd wrapped it up last night, and found a dinosaur bone ;)

You know we'll never trust you again now :D
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    stumpycat wrote: »
    May a plague of mutant sawflies descend on your fruit bushes!

Aww...no...please not sawfly. :(
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Indeed, it would have been a greater dilemma than that, because finding genuine evidence of a murder could do serious damage to the value of one's property. And no, I'm not talking Fred West here, but more mundane examples, including one in the place where I used to live. :(

Apparently, from one of my friends with a contact in CID, if they do find real bones in your garden, they promptly turf you out of your home as the whole thing becomes a crime scene. You have to find somewhere else to live whilst they complete their investigation, which could take weeks. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I'd have got nothing planted or watered. :eek:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • witchwoopiggy
    Options
    sorry but this was in bad taste and i feel a right wally for falling for it :(
  • julieq
    julieq Posts: 2,603 Forumite
    Options
    Was in appalling taste (shame on you), and VERY VERY funny indeed. Hands up who else was searching the local news last night for an update :(
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    LOL well done MBE - actually was taken in by the yellowing of the bones as that's the colour they are if I dig any up (not human I hasten to add but usually sheep). Best laugh I've had for a while.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i feel a right wally for falling for it :(

I fell for it and I've seen weirder things and so did DH, who read archeology and has had lots of exciting digs. I don't feel like a wally, I do think it was funny.:D
  • lemonjelly
    lemonjelly Posts: 8,014 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Top class pair of threads MrBE!.:D

You got a dinner growing thread going this year? I'm late with my stuff but would wanna join up again.
    It's getting harder & harder to keep the government in the manner to which they have become accustomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure