Contacting Tiscali?

Tiscali email is following its go-slow with a nervous breakdown. Last service status report was in the small hours of Saturday. I can't get to my inbox, or download to Outlook, or use the Community Help.

Has anyone ever found a productive way to contact them?

Comments

• No they are worse than useless.

I know this is of no help to you wendym, and just my personal opinion, but they have led me a merry dance for the best part of 12 months. I am finally out of contract with them.

They very rarely responded helpfully to my questions via email, they prefer you to contact their customer services phone number.
    I had a plan..........its here somewhere.
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    I am just about on the point of ditching them, but I know that half my contacts are so scatty that they won't cope with a new address.
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have always had an email back of them within a few hours if I have ever had a problem. Maybe see if there is a diffrent email address on their website to tr
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    wendym wrote:
    I am just about on the point of ditching them, but I know that half my contacts are so scatty that they won't cope with a new address.

So start using ISP independent e-mail accounts from gmail, Yahoo etc. etc. and never suffer like this again. Makes it much easier to change your ISP when they just take your money but don't supply the service!

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • wendym
    From this site:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=122371&page=3

which sums up the response I get.

I'd love to know how you get through to them!
  • wendym
    Thanks espresso.

Where would you suggest I start?
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You can get yourself a free Yahoo account here by clicking on the yellow box. I have used Yahoo for many years and always found it to be very reliable. To get a gmail or googlemail account you will need an invite from an existing user - I'm sure someone will offer you an invite soon!

:T
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • wendym
    Thank you everyone.

The curse of Tiscali is now affecting my thanks button!
  • sorry you're having so much trouble - I am also with tiscali but hopefully not for much longer.

I've had enough - hanging on phones, ages to answer emails, sh*t service and speeds

then they had the nerve to put me on a FUP so now I'm on with the heavy download, so cant even do banking after 6pm cos cant get on.

theyre so bad. Good thing is though that theyre letting me out of my contract and I've asked for my mac code and when I get that I'm going elsewhere. I rely on it for work so theyve left me no option.

I know others who are deliberately downloading huge amounts to get ontothe fup so they can get out of their contract - thats how bad it is, lol

so youre not alone

good luck

pudds
    August 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,

no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts