🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - part 2

Options

Comments

• rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am a bit fed up. Rang about the gas - said come any day except Thursday, was supposed to be hearing back from them but didn't so rang again and what have they done? Booked it in for Thursday!

Anyway I got two nice parcels today. One is another birthday present for my son, I got him the Victoria Knox bread knife he asked for but wanted to go to the shops for a surprise but my foot's still not up to it, so I ordered this Olive Wood Carving Board - it's lovely
    http://www.naturallymed.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_55&products_id=270 and also this bakeware organiser for my roasting tins etc which were piled perilously on top of my cupboard which once resulted in them falling and whacking me in the face and one for inside a cupboard. Free p and p at the moment. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21071/Bakeware-Organiser and a poached egg pod.

Not sure what to do in the GF tonight?????
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So glad to here your husband sounded a little brighter Winchelsea.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    ok just a quick question!!!! what types of shopping is comparitable within the mr t and mr a price war? is it just branded products etc?
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • LauraM65
    LauraM65 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bit fed up. Rang about the gas - said come any day except Thursday, was supposed to be hearing back from them but didn't so rang again and what have they done? Booked it in for Thursday!

Anyway I got two nice parcels today. One is another birthday present for my son, I got him the Victoria Knox bread knife he asked for but wanted to go to the shops for a surprise but my foot's still not up to it, so I ordered this Olive Wood Carving Board - it's lovely
    http://www.naturallymed.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_55&products_id=270 and also this bakeware organiser for my roasting tins etc which were piled perilously on top of my cupboard which once resulted in them falling and whacking me in the face and one for inside a cupboard. Free p and p at the moment. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21071/Bakeware-Organiser and a poached egg pod.

Not sure what to do in the GF tonight?????

These companies never listen do they, you wonder how stupid they are sometimes.:)
  • LauraM65
    Options
    minnie2 wrote: »
    ok just a quick question!!!! what types of shopping is comparitable within the mr t and mr a price war? is it just branded products etc?

Who are Mr T and Mr A I have never heard of them.:rotfl:
  • minnie2
    Options
    LauraM65 wrote: »
    Who are Mr T and Mr A I have never heard of them.:rotfl:

tesco and asda
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • LauraM65
    Options
    minnie2 wrote: »
    tesco and asda
    Thanks when I thought about it after I'd posted the question I wondered if it was Tesco and Asda. :beer:
  • minnie2
    Options
    LauraM65 wrote: »
    Thanks when I thought about it after I'd posted the question I wondered if it was Tesco and Asda. :beer:
    I was exactly the same as you - i had no idea nad had to ask!!!

its something to do with boosting their ratings if we state their actual name i think- people use all different versions of their names - you will get to know them all quickly - I did.
  • hollysmum22
    hollysmum22 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    hi thanks for all your support lets look forward to the next 3 mths
    :p princess moo born 25/11/2009 :p
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 1895 20p Savers Club 2013 # 60
    Save £5k in 2013' challenge £0/£5000 #047
    Baby Fund Challenge £0/£1.500

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Last summer, I found a £10 note, folded, outside a takeaway, at about 6 am, whilst taking the dog for a walk, on the way back home, I found a £2 coin on the pavement, and a few days later, I found a folded £20 note, whilst weeding the front garden! :j
    I

Went into Poundland with DH on Friday & when I got home realised I lost a fiver in there :mad: - bit peeved to say the least but I hope whoever found it needed it. DH said just to treat it as a contribution to charity:D

Had the whoopsied slow cooked beef tonight with almost the last of my green beans from last year. Followed by Blackberry & Apple pie with custard (Blackberries from hedgerow, apples from garden) We're completely stuffed now:drool:

Tumpty - your loaves look scrummy - did you use a breadmaker or are they your own 'knead'?
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport