We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Beating Stress and Worry

124»

Comments

  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    I sometimes look at the times of these posts from people and they must be very worried to be still awake at this godly hour. I think last night I fell asleep crying, thankfully other half was still watching t.v.
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
  • dawn35
    dawn35 Posts: 73 Forumite
    The stress and worry levels are frightening.

    In my case especially I know that if i could just get some persepctive, and not be so petrified about my situation that would help me to see things so much more clearly (if thats english !!!)

    Todays a bad day. I cant face staying at work. My mobiles ringing constantly and I got 3 hours sleep last night.

    I know this cant continue but im so scared and dont know what to do. Thats the bit that gets me. I just need perspective, but when your in the middle of your own nightmare its hard to see a way out.

    Dawn xxx
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Is there a gamblers anonymous group near you? Perhaps it would help to get some support from people who really understand the awful times you've been through.

    There are several ex-compulsive gamblers on here too. Does anyone know if there's an ex- gamblers support club here like there's a bankcruptcy support club??
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • dawn35
    dawn35 Posts: 73 Forumite
    I dont know but it would be so nice to speak to people who have experienced the same. I used to be a member of a gambling recovry forum but it made me worse. Talking about it all the time, and to be honest the place was so miserable it put me on such a downer.

    But would be nice to speak to a nother recovering gambler.

    Dawn x
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    dawn35 wrote:
    I managing thanks babe, super noodles arnt that bad ;)

    Dawn xxx

    Aw thank you. I really meant it though, please don't be afraid to ask as the offers there!
    Love Sas x
    PS: My O/H patted the back of my neck just now and asked if the halo had slipped yet! :rotfl: Cheeky sod!
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.