We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Beating Stress and Worry
dawn35
Posts: 73 Forumite
Right, its safe to say im in a right old mess with my financeses.big time, just about hanging on it there, and i know there is alot of us going through the same thing on this board.
Its hard enough to cope with the daily financial problems we face but I think that if we can control the stress and worry, and petrifying fear we feel and get some perspective then things may not be so bad.
Its hard enough when your in a financial mess, literally going without food sometimes to make ends meet, to keep your chin uo but for me, expecially its the constant worry and thinkng about my situation, whats going to happen, how will i manage, is it all worth it kind of thoughts. I can truley say that i hate my life right now. Ive never felt this bad before.
How on earth can we deal with the worry and stress???? I really dont know what to do anymore. I wish i could just turn my mind off.
Any tips. apart from drinking myself into oblivion????
Dawn xxx
Its hard enough to cope with the daily financial problems we face but I think that if we can control the stress and worry, and petrifying fear we feel and get some perspective then things may not be so bad.
Its hard enough when your in a financial mess, literally going without food sometimes to make ends meet, to keep your chin uo but for me, expecially its the constant worry and thinkng about my situation, whats going to happen, how will i manage, is it all worth it kind of thoughts. I can truley say that i hate my life right now. Ive never felt this bad before.
How on earth can we deal with the worry and stress???? I really dont know what to do anymore. I wish i could just turn my mind off.
Any tips. apart from drinking myself into oblivion????
Dawn xxx
0
Comments
-
Hiya Dawn
I currently dont have any debt, however I have been very deep in debt and understand exactly how you are feeling and I wish I knew about this board when I was getting myself debt free.
The only advice I can give really is try not to think about the bad stuff too much, instead think about what you are blessed with, your family, friends, children etc.
Also theres always someone on here to have a chat too.
Also have you done a statement of affairs and got the knowledgable ones on here to suggest ways to have a look and make suggestions?
Don't give up, keep going, I did it, people on here have done it and you can too.Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j0 -
hi Dawn, I hung on til my fingers bled. I now have decided to get my butt in gear to get this sorted. this was after worry/stress/tears/worrying again. i know exactly what your feeling, my stomach has that heavy fear feeling whish didn't help when one of the banks called again, third time this wkend. i haven't yet called them back but the fear will be there when i do!
dawn, here have a horlicks and try to smile pet!Seqes....seqas......seqis.........Ah for goodness sakes woman its .....SEQ UES TRAT ION!:rolleyes:
"I am now not an ostrich, I am a duck with debt problems!"confused:
Proud to be dealing with my debts:j
No dfw nerd number as yet:p
........Cheers for being here!
...BCSC Member 45:beer:0 -
I know exactly how you feel - it can't do your long term health any good.
Coming on here for a read and the occasional post helps me massively. You'll get lots of support on her and plenty of constructive advice. You might feel less stressed if you've got a plan of action in place and can see a way forward. At least if the overall picture is clearer you might feel more in control, even if the situation is the same. Dunno if that makes sense.
Sounds like you need a hug :grouphug:0 -
Morning everyone :wave:
Sorry to hear everyone's having such a !!!! time of it. I had the right screaming heebygeebies last night worrying abut my debt, my job, stress. an impending court case about my kitchen, stress, debt, stress, Christmas etc
Got so bad I had to get out of bed and calm down.....
Stopped the shakes by giving myself a good talking to (out loud too, the dog thought I was going mental), getting a pen and notepad and writing a list of money saving bits and bobs I hope to do today and the rest of the week....
Big huggles to everyone having the same thoughts, instead of getting really scared try and get postitive instead.
I'm on here everyday (usually when I get home from work) so I'm always around for a virtual hug and cuppa if you want to PM me or have a gossip or virtual holding of hands
Remember you are not alone and we can beat this debt. (I think of mine as a nasty bully which gets me mad enough to take it on and fight it! Very often along the lines of "right you *&*"£" I'm going to ***&(* pay off a bit more today you *&*% &*!"
Dawn - I hate to think of you going without food because you can't afford it. I've just sold one of my parcels on Ebay this morning, it's a £5 but it could get you some grub. I could send it to you via Paypal so you can eat and at least buy some basics, even if it's only cheapie bread, potatoes and beans..
Please let me know.....
Anyway, have a good day peeps
love Sas xxCurrent debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
DEBT FREE!0 -
I think of my debt as something I am doing something about.
I no longer feel panic or stress, I know I'll get there.
I do something every single day to become debt free- which is better than the alternative.
Sometimes its tiny like using a voucher - sometimes its bigger like selling something on ebay, or closing down a credit card.
Out of small acorns and all that:beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:0 -
This board is a lifesaver. Whenever I'm feeling really down and frightened - the people on here help me to keep thinking positively. They're a wonderful bunch -lots of help and advice (and plenty of laughter too) Once you've had your "lightbulb" moment, have sat down and added it all up so you know exactly where you stand with your finances and then start to do something about it - you will feel more in control.
You're definitely not alone! :wave:0 -
Dawn - I wrote almost the same thing myself a few days ago about wanting to switch my mind off. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks weird things like that!
I've tried so many things like concentrating on good things in my life, but I think I'm going to have to resort to going back to the doctor. I was on anti-depressants for a while and took myself off of them (probably too early). I would never tell anybody to do that, but equally I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, when you feel so low that you can't think any more...
Hope you feel better soon
cobragirl
xx0 -
Sounds so corny but it really does work. Take one day at a time. Don't allow your mind to race ahead and worry about tomorrow and all the what if's. When you think about it, most of the debt didn't happen over night. It took a while for it to build up, so it's going to take a while to clear again. Stay focused, determined, positive and don't lose your cool and you will get there.0
-
Hi there Dawn,
It's really important not to stress. As Lynz says doing something to work thro it helps but always thinking about problems doesn't.
I need to take my own advice as I'm really bad at this and now appear to have heart problems, probably would have anyway but I'm sure my worrying nature has brought it on sooner than would otherwise have been the case.
Going for a walk or to a free museum at the weekend used to help me to relax, I just didn't switch off enough.
Please take care of yourself, and eating properly is really important for health. I hope you can feel more positive about your situation. There are so many people on here who have come out from the most terrible situations and can offer good advice and help.
Take care.CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 0420 -
Try exercise to relieve stress and give you a natural positive boost. ( endorphins)
I found that meditating is incredibly stress relieving. I learned it at uni and can calm myself down quickly and easily by just breathing - concentrating on breathing in a particular way. Invaluable when the s""t hits the fan.
puddsAugust 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,
no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
