20 October: Nic Noc Noo 19 DAYS TO GO
    20 October: elin1984elin
    20 October: doublemummy
    20 October: Katie Pink

25 October: pigsmightfly 24 DAYS TO GO

26 October: MrsDS2b 25 DAYS TO GO
    26 October: Starcrossed

27 October: Katpin 26 DAYS TO GO

Finishing work on Wednesday, can't wait!
  • stir_crazy
    stir_crazy Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Options
    And at dress fitting on Friday, the DM told me she had to take my dress in another inch, so yay! (I'm at work myself today, can you tell?)
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    19 days stir please stop reminding me lol

feels like i am so far behind i am just going off to have a mjor wedding cramming day to get all the bits done

i am getting married this month lol i cant actually believe after all this planning it will all be over soon

this weekend was busy
    i have all of our dresses back
    dad has tried on his suit and has to lose an inch from his belly lol
    best mans suit jacket doesnt fit
    babies outfits are perfect
    my extensions are going in on friday
    everything except from our frame is here

so pretty good x
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    :rotfl:Sorry DM, I'm just getting excited, and trying to stave off boredom while at work :D

We made the orders of service at the weekend and got all the thank you gifts bought and wrapped. Tonight we're having our menu tasting at the hotel and hopefully getting in contact with the wedding car owner to see what time he's coming to pick me up on Saturday. Trying to get the ironing done so I can pack the honeymoon clothes too.

Then tomorrow and Wendesday not doing anything wedding related, because I've got uni in the evenings. Then Thursday starting again: OH's haircut, picking up dresses, getting nails done, putting sweets into the sweetie jars for the buffet, and sorting all documentation for the honeymoon. Then Friday, dropping all the stuff down to the hotel, and dropping OH off for a meal with his dad, my dad and his BM and then my BMs are coming over for a girly night. Phew!
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sounds much more fun than my week lol i am having my foot iced for 3 hours a night to try and help it and then physio exercises that are killing me

i swear i am really trying to get everything done it just seems like the universe is against me lol
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • johannalf88
    johannalf88 Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Options
    Realise I have been a bit quiet on here recently! :) (Thats coz I am no longer at work! :rotfl:)

Managed to drive back fine (with the cake) on the Sunday, but then the car had to go to the garage. :( hopefully I will get it back soon! Managed to get my sister to drive me around yesterday morning, went to pick up some troughs for the bar to put ice in, n went to visit our ceremony place- I needed to check the set up n run through things again- couldn't really remember the plan! :o

I'm going OK with getting through seeing family before the wedding too! Saw one set if grandparents yesterday, the other today, auntie / uncle, may see other auntie on Thursday... It wasn't deliberate, but I heard you never have enough time to actually talk properly, so it is quite nice!

Marquee man comin on Wednesday- so expecting all go from then on! :D
    :T
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    We had our menu tasting last night - so pleased with it. Also got final - final details sorted with hotel. We've had one person drop out so we're going to give that adults meal to one of the older kids.

Need to get the table plan printed tonight, and buy some writable CDs to get our music sorted!
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Nic_Noc_Noo Posts: 171 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2012 at 1:17PM
    Options
    hey guys - great to hear how we're all getting on in the last few days...seems very weird going around saying that I'm getting married this month! lol

got most things paid off now, just the registrar and photographer to pay. Am on with arty bits now - completed my place cards last night, need to print and mount my table plan, print and mount sweet jar labels, assemble wedding post box, print and mount table numbers/names. I have asked a friend to help with my wedding tree print (having one of those where everyone leaves a finger/thumbprint on the print - in lieu of guest book). Bought myself a faux fur shrug last week (ebay) as I have visions of me FREEZING to death on the day whilst photos are being taken (I get proper nesh!), haven't got one for my bridesmaid though as she has a little coverage on her shoulders on her dress whereas I don't!

Still need to buy a frame for the Congratulations certificate from Mr NicNocNoo's footy club (which he doesn't know about...teeheehee)...just debating WHEN to give him said gift, whether to have it on display near the table plan so everyone sees it, or to have it on his place setting (but then no-one else will see it), or to get the Best Man to present it to him during his speech.

still need to get music sorted on a CD for the ceremony and make sure the DJ got my email about our first dance!

all very exciting!!! :)
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    My last day at work!
    Got the music burned on to CDs last night for the ceremony and prelude, tried to get my table plan printed last night at Staples only to be told that my card was too small for the printer to recognise. Which is a bit strange since they also print business cards? So I'm going back down tonight to see if I can get hold of someone different and hopefully get it printed.
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Options
    My last day at work too!

Its going to be a busy day too!
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure