**October 2012 Brides and Grooms**

Options

Comments

• amy_85
    amy_85 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Omg!! I can't believe today has arrived. I'm up in Gretna, my flowers have just been delivered, now got to get myself ready. Hopefully the weather will stay nice, it rained all day yesterday :( but we have some lovely blue sky and the sun is out. Wish me luck xx
    Got married 12/10/12 in Gretna Green:j
    Became a Mommy to a gorgeous little girl 22/11/13 :j
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    have a great day amy_85
  • amy_85
    amy_85 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Nic Noc Noo.
    It was amazing. The people here were lovely made it so special :)
    Got married 12/10/12 in Gretna Green:j
    Became a Mommy to a gorgeous little girl 22/11/13 :j
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    UPDATED COUNTDOWN

6 October: johannalf88 MARRIED :j
    6 October: No Angel MARRIED :j
    6 October: Magpie27 MARRIED :j
    6 October: dollymix84 MARRIED :j
    6 October: stircrazy MARRIED :j
    6 October: lazer MARRIED :j
    6 October: Keensaver MARRIED :j

9/12 October: BurlesqueBabe MARRIED :j

12 October: amy_85 MARRIED :j

13 October: lorna01 Happy Wedding Day to you! :j

17 October: CupcakeLisa 4 DAYS TO GO

19 October: danni2611 6 DAYS TO GO

20 October: Nic Noc Noo 7 DAYS TO GO
    20 October: elin1984elin
    20 October: doublemummy
    20 October: Katie Pink

25 October: pigsmightfly 12 DAYS TO GO

26 October: MrsDS2b 13 DAYS TO GO
    26 October: Starcrossed

27 October: Katpin 14 DAYS TO GO
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    UPDATED COUNTDOWN

6 October: johannalf88 MARRIED :j
    6 October: No Angel MARRIED :j
    6 October: Magpie27 MARRIED :j
    6 October: dollymix84 MARRIED :j
    6 October: stircrazy MARRIED :j
    6 October: lazer MARRIED :j
    6 October: Keensaver MARRIED :j

9/12 October: BurlesqueBabe MARRIED :j

12 October: amy_85 MARRIED :j

13 October: lorna01 MARRIED :j

17 October: CupcakeLisa 3 DAYS TO GO

19 October: danni2611 5 DAYS TO GO

20 October: Nic Noc Noo 6 DAYS TO GO
    20 October: elin1984elin
    20 October: doublemummy
    20 October: Katie Pink

25 October: pigsmightfly 11 DAYS TO GO

26 October: MrsDS2b 12 DAYS TO GO
    26 October: Starcrossed

27 October: Katpin 13 DAYS TO GO
  • Scotsbride
    Options
    Congrats and good luck to all!
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • johannalf88
    johannalf88 Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

I'm back!!!

We had an absolutely fantastic day, it did go soo quickly!

I woke up a reasonable time and was soo calm all morning. Everyone (even the hairdresser) was commenting on how chilled I was. I barely ate though, and we had loads of food, I just had nibbles (and bucks fizz!) We were a bit rushed at about 12, but luckily I had thought ahead, and told people we needed to leave 15 mins before we actually did, so I was fine and we arrived at the castle 20 mins before the start. A few photos and meeting with the registrars, and I was soo fidgety! At one point I was asking can we go and get this started!

To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the ceremony (I wasn't NOT looking forward, just hadnt really been thinking about it if that makes sense), but it was my fave bit of the day I think. I walked in with the biggest grin on my face, and when I reached my OH he looked a bit teary, :) I couldnt stop smiling. :) We were both a bit teary when saying the vows- but we managed to hold it together- if he went I would have gone- I cant not cry when other people cry- I am a complete emotional wuss! Our readings went down really well, people were laughing, and commenting on how unusual and relevant to us they were. Our registrar seemed to find them funny, she was laughing really loudly! lol. So we signed the register etc, and we walked out to 'so long and thanks for all the fish'! Some people realised it was from HHG2G, and starting laughing, it was such a happy feeling. :)

Our flowers and bits were fantastic- they arrived by OH's uncle on the Friday, apart from he only got 6 big table decorations when we had 7 tables. But we had a small table decoration for the ceremony, so we just used that on our table- I didnt care! We heard the registrars talking to one another, saying how beautiful the flowers were, so I made sure we passed that along. The registrars have to say everything is beautiful to the bride, but they dont have to say that to each other! They also said that about my dress! OH absolutely LOVED it, he has told me I cant sell it on, and I have to keep it. He said he didnt think you could get something that nice even for the full price! So high praise indeed! lol.

So we had some photos and then suddenly it was 3 o'clock! The time really flew! So went back to the reception, and had afternoon tea, and again I didnt eat much! Drank loads of tea though- not to mention the champagne! Speeches went well, My dad HATES speaking in public, so he gave a very small toast, which was lovely, BM did a good speech (Bless him he was soo nervous) and my Husband gave a nice speech. He was speaking to me before hand about it, because he hadn't written it- he was actually going to "wing it"! He does quite well with public speaking, so just had a cue card with key words on to remind him. I was very proud, and it was a lovely speech. :)

So then we had to cut the cake (boo hoo)! We REALLY didnt want to cut it, it looked sooo good! We didnt eat it then though, already had too much cake! Some milling around followed.
    Anyway... the Blues Brothers were FANTASTIC! They had us all up and dancing, even my mum and dad and the in-laws! They even used our blow up 'air guaitars' and saxophone! I would soo recommend them- my Dad was raving about them all evening!

Come 10 o'clock I was after that cup of tea, so I made myself one and everyone was laughing at me sitting down with my cuppa!
    After the Blues Brothers finished everyone kind of started to leave, which was good because I was soo tired and just wanted to go to bed! So we left in our taxi, and arrived at our hotel, to find they had given us a free upgrade, to the Lord Bute Suite! (we only payed for the cheapest room!!) It was very swanky. :)

So that was our wedding day! I will upload some pics tonight, but dont have the official ones in yet.

Hope you are all well!

Ps Honeymoon was also fantastic- but only arrived in Gatwick at 7 last night, so a bit jet lagged today!
    :T
  • fawny
    fawny Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds great Jo, congratulations. Look forward to the photos:D
    Married the man of my dreams - 10th September 2012, St Paul's Bay Lindos :jIt was amazing.
    :love:
  • Katie_Pink
    Options
    Hi Jo, I'm so pleased your wedding so well. Ours is on Saturday and I can't wait. We're off to Vilamendhoo on Sunday which I think is where you went ... How was it?
  • johannalf88
    johannalf88 Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2012 at 3:20PM
    Options
    Oh it was! I am jealous- wish we could have stayed another week! We were in room 179, was absolutely fantastic- in my opinion one of the best villas, as there wasn't much foot trafic near, n not much 'beach' for other people to invade! :rotfl:

The sea planes are awesome! Getting a bus to work today was soo boring- I wanted a sea plane ride down the Thames!

We decided to do the Manta & Turtle excursion as my uncle gave us some extra $s, it was soo worth it! We swam with 5 mantas (they are huge!!) and found 3 turtles! One of our trip highlights! Didn't see any whale sharks though. :( but it was still fun!

The diving was also very good- they were very thorough but luckily we still passed- we are both now certified PADI open water divers! :D

The food is also great- very varied, n their fruit mousse is to die for! However their 'house wine' was dubious- we couldn't pallet the red (vinigary) or white (too sweet), the rose was drinkable. But we were given a free bottle with our Hot Rock meal, which was delicious!

Cocktails of the day (all inclusive) we great too, and nice to have on the sunset terrace or Asian Wok terrace.
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport