**October 2012 Brides and Grooms**

Options

Comments

• stir_crazy
    stir_crazy Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Options
    Howdy everyone its been a bit nanic here lol

i am off to get my dress tomorrow and the final meeting with the registras. not much left to do just stupid little bits

on a more concerning note i have snapped the tendons in my ankle so am on complete bed rest otherwise wont be able to wear my sparkley heels on the day i havent been out of bed in 3 days i am sooooooo bored lol

Get well soon DM, those sparkly heels NEED to be worn!
  • dollymix84
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry to hear about your ankle double mummy hope it gets better quickly!

I had my hen do at the weekend and it was fantastic, on the Friday night went for an italian meal with just a few friends, then in the evening they had decorated my hotel room and I was presented with my personalised 'Mrs ***** to be' T-shirt in a lovely box.

Then Saturday was the main day so we had a few more people join us, we went for afternoon tea and I got presented with a 'memory book' with photos and bits in, then I got another box with a card saying 'tonight you will be Sandy from Grease' and a Sandy outfit and wig and some other bits.

In the late afternoon we played Mr & Mrs and I got punished with vodka shots for questions I got wrong!

Then we went to dreamboys, everyone else was dressed as the pink ladies.

I didn't stay out too late as I was pretty tired. On Sunday I went back to my parents house and had my 2nd hair and make up trial which I was really pleased with.

So sad my hen is over, keep looking at all the photos again, don't know what I'l be like when the wedding is over!
    :love: Married 06/10/12 - Best day of my life :love:
  • double_mummy
    Options
    ankle update- i can walk a little and drive a little and can stand up in the heels so we are on the way!!!!!
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    ankle update- i can walk a little and drive a little and can stand up in the heels so we are on the way!!!!!

:T yey - good to hear.

i've just started a REALLY busy weekend. had final dress fitting this morning, then we all drove over to Wales to meet up with suppliers and pay stuff off. tonight we met with the venue to go through some details and get final figures. tomorrow we've got the florist and videographer meetings, and to go and pay for our wine. sunday - venue dresser and make up trial and back home by sunday teatime!! in-between all that, catching up with family!! jeez, good job i've got monday off to recover! lol
  • Magpie27
    Options
    2 weeks today :eek: :eek::eek: :eek:

Having my last haircut before the wedding I'm really nervous about it in case it goes wrong and there isn't enough time to grow it back!!! After that we are off to pick up our rings from OH's friend today and stay with them tonight.

Still got a few things still do which for some reason I've been putting off but I'm going to have to get on with them next week. Still got to:

Make table plan
    Make confetti cones
    Make music CDs for hotel they wanted them before the wedding so I better get going on them!!!
    Make or buy a favour for a 14 year old girl as the favours for the ladies and other kids aren't suitable for her but can't decide what to give her.
    Make signs for my birdcage postbox and fingerprint tree
    Buy gift bags for thank you gifts
    Buy thank you cards

Think that's it!! Next week I'm seeing the registrar, have another dress fitting, going to the dentist and getting DD's haircut. I won't know what do with myself after the wedding :D
  • double_mummy
    Options
    okay no ive managed to grab a mo my foot is getting stronger by the day but is now a rather lovely colour of purple lol

i have my and the BMs final dress fitting next saturday

last bits to do:
    finish kids packs
    receive flowers (next sunday)
    get best man suit
    table plan
    name cards
    finish playlist
    finish first dance - now a mash up of 4 songs just hope my foot can manage lol
    hair trim - extensions in and then hair trial

hen do to endure on the 13th i am rather scared lol they are all finding it highly hilarious to wind me up lol

so almost there :)

4 weeks today for me :):):):):):):)
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    That's good news DM.

So far, I have to:
    Make orders of service,
    Go to dentist on Wednesday
    Take leaves to my friend so she can add them on to the cake (Thursday?)
    Got to dress fitting on Friday, taking my BM dresses so they can be steamed too.
    Phone Photographer on Friday.
    Make up table Plan
    Get Nails done (next Thursday)
    Take everything down to hotel (next Friday)
  • johannalf88
    Options
    Our list has got a lot smaller- it's mostly paying people and picking things up now! It's my last week at work this week, so can't be bothered!!!

Packed for honeymoon yesterday- that was exciting! :D
    :T
  • stir_crazy
    Options
    I'm starting to get everything packed this week, just bought a decent sized suitcase on Saturday, OH's is ok an ok size for him, and my old one is massive, so got a nice sized one for me. He's got to get his kilt adjusted as its slightly too big for him now, so hopefully that will be ready soon!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My daughter is getting married 3 weeks come Saturday and I'm just loving reading through all these recent posts.

Mother of the bride getting really excited now. I think everything is done apart from little last minute things, they are very organised lol.

Ive somehow ended up with 3 outfits and I still dont know which one I'm wearing,
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport