PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all

Have been doing GC but just not posting, although have been lurking, did food shop this morning at MrA, spent £97.55 more than I wanted but hey ho everything's going up and we have to eat! Off to update sig.

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy the sunshine.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    cat_smith wrote: »
    Mothership it sounds like you are better off not worrying about her. Focus on building relationships with the living. Num Num on the fish and chips.

My thoughts EXACTLY, I gave up worrying about her LONG ago. Trying to do some damage limitation on the poor wee souls that came off worse than me , (they were brought up with her).
    Anyway I have a plan, and its a good un! Every time I speak to them I will tell them how much I love them, every time I see them I will hug them till their eyes pop. I will be their mum and nan :)

Took some cooked Lamb out of the freezer, going to make a quick curry, boiled rice , nan bread , salad , banana & pineapple. I roared with laughter when I saw the freezer label 'Fraggle Lamb', I did it in the slow cooker and it was just a tad overcooked, I asked my daughter to write 'fragile lamb' so I would remember what batch it came from and heat it gently when it defrosts LOL.

I was out in the garden/greenhouse from 6.30 am, had a wonderful morning, just waiting for my darling GD to come from nursery. Was counting my blessings all morning I have SOOOOO much to be thankful for :)
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328
    Forumite
    Spent another €83.17 yesterday, leaving my total spend at €131.93, wghich I consider high for this time of month, will be keeping spends down from now on!

marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    mothership Fraggle lamb :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:sounds delicious. Definitely agree with the plan.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quin, A$da has 1.5kg white flour for £1.00. £1.15 for brown.

we don't have an asda, it's 30miles away so any savinsg are canceled out by desil :(, althi i just read the dtd works of them so i'll just stock up on sat (is 20bags of flour excessive:p) and watch out for it coming down again
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    Forumite
    Darn it, just went out to get fresh fruit and veg for the week and ended up spending £6.13 (really £15.13 but £9 of that was covered by taking back some ill-fitting shoes and getting a refund.....). I've realised I'm already just over half my budget, having spent £52.56, but I guess I could take out the £11.20 night out earlier in the month as it could be classed as "entertaining" rather than "food".....

Yup, I'm going to probably get very creative towards the end of the month!!
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Weekly shop at Mr M. Menu plan and any order is out of the window as have had a carp week. HM pizza for tea - comfort food. GC still looks okay though.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    hi...i need to stop going to lid1 as i spend too much...i did get a lot for my money but still over spent...bad...bad...bad ...i also purchased a waffle maker that looks great...we are going to use it tonite so hopefully it will be nice

thinking of a bbq over the weekend...hopefully the weather will stay nice we have a few bits in we could use....i am going to get a few bits in asd$ on monday as the school holidays start on wed next week...they always cost a fair bit

have a nice weekend
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    hi...iv just read throught thread...mothership best wishes for you and your family....can anyone stop people going to a funeral if they want to/think it might help them cope with their loss ?...i think the flowers are a lovely idea...your so kind and in tune with your families needs :Abless you

tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • 123budget
    123budget Posts: 171 Forumite
    spent another £65.96 today between tes*o and @ldi. I thought I would do really well as I had done a 5 week menu plan but the weather changed and is so hot everyone wants salads, fruit and ice cream so spending is running away with me.! Oh well I guess that the meals I had planned for (and had bought for) will do next month and hopefully will bring May budget down.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 / no. 1205 £110 made]Sealed Pot Challenge 2012/no 1205 target £300
    Jan g/c 355.83/£450
    g/c Feb487.66/£400
    March 411.03/£450
    To feed 5 adults and 2 dogs includes toiletries & cleanining
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business