Real Life MMD: Should I refund the postage cost?

1181920212224»

Comments

• MrsWassire wrote: »
    What car do you drive that costs you £5 for a 4-mile round trip? That's about 1 mile per litre! Assuming your car is not as inefficient is that then yes I think you're being cheeky and should refund £3 of it.

This is a ridiculous comment. Time is money. He got the thing delivered quicker than if you'd posted it. You were being extra helpful. He is the one being cheeky. I suggest you leave him bad feedback, if you haven't already done so. In future, it would be a good idea to agree alternative delivery by email first.
  • Adams1
    Adams1 Posts: 328 Forumite
    If you think about it... The guy got a 1 hour same day delivery service, for the same price as god knows what he chose. So I think that that is wrong for him to have wanted a refund and leaving you bad feedback. He still got his item, in 10x better shape then sending it, AND got it within an hour. Thats a service that RM charge an arm and a leg for. (I don't even think RM has same day.)

Just my opinion.
  • BarntheBarn
    BarntheBarn Posts: 146 Forumite
    Adams1 wrote: »
    If you think about it... The guy got a 1 hour same day delivery service, for the same price as god knows what he chose. So I think that that is wrong for him to have wanted a refund and leaving you bad feedback. He still got his item, in 10x better shape then sending it, AND got it within an hour. Thats a service that RM charge an arm and a leg for. (I don't even think RM has same day.)

Just my opinion.

Spot on. I find it amazing that so many MSE members have such weird views on Postage and Packing procedures. Martin should be worried :money::money:
  • 3guesses
    3guesses Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As others have said, the simplest solution would have been to have contacted the buyer once you discovered they lived locally and offered them the option of collecting the item themselves or having it delivered by yourself. Assuming it was OK for you to turn up with it without prior arrangement was wrong. Again, as others have said, if postage by Royal Mail (or whomever) would have cost £5, I don't quite see how you can justify a £5 delivery cost for a 4-mile round trip in your car. Compromise seems the order of the day.
  • caketaker
    caketaker Posts: 38 Forumite
    To be honest I wouldn't have refunded.Working on roughly 80p a mile, then the journey would have been around £3.20.The rest I would take for my time as working. Many of us are now trying to make some extra money by online selling. I don't think £1.80 for what, 20 minutes work is very much !! . I would have got a signiture as proof of delivery. And as a time/day for delivery was arranged, the buyer should have mentioned his p&p concerns then, not when it got to the Feedback stage.
    wins so far...

psp,3kg bag of pro-plan dog food,blender, bar of body shop soap... :money:

knowledge is power,not power to control others but power to help others and save a few quid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure