We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Tracked - No Signature?

Options
13»

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Does Tracked only mean its been loaded onto the delivery van or do they also scan it when its being delivered ??

I only ask as a postman was zapping loads of tracked items and chucking onto his van the other day when i went to the sorting office.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    Does Tracked only mean its been loaded onto the delivery van or do they also scan it when its being delivered ??

I only ask as a postman was zapping loads of tracked items and chucking onto his van the other day when i went to the sorting office.

tracked are scanned along the route frm 1st mail centre to delivery
    they are scanned a received at the delivery office(scanning them as you put them onto the van isnt how i would recommend it but it would work) and then scanned at the door as to delivered/not delivered
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Can I just say that I don't think the seller is scamming me at all. I totally agree the mistake here must be with RM.

I cannot claim from RM as the only proof of purchase I have exceeds its insurance limit.

The seller can claim at his cost price by the sounds of it, refund me and not be out of pocket. But is unwilling to help.

So it leaves me £60 down and nothing I can do about it. To top it off, someone else probably has my item and it will cost me approx £70-80 to buyer the item from another seller.

Joyous. Any listing which states Other Courier will now make me ask the question first about postal method. Otherwise I will try to stick to items which go via Standard services or proper courier.
  • custardy
    edited 27 March 2011 at 6:24PM
    Options
    TUS wrote: »
    Can I just say that I don't think the seller is scamming me at all. I totally agree the mistake here must be with RM.

I cannot claim from RM as the only proof of purchase I have exceeds its insurance limit.

The seller can claim at his cost price by the sounds of it, refund me and not be out of pocket. But is unwilling to help.

So it leaves me £60 down and nothing I can do about it. To top it off, someone else probably has my item and it will cost me approx £70-80 to buyer the item from another seller.

Joyous. Any listing which states Other Courier will now make me ask the question first about postal method. Otherwise I will try to stick to items which go via Standard services or proper courier.

you can still claim from RM
    the insurance leaves are somewhat negligible in your case
    it doesnt matter what service was used
    the mistake is in misdelivered/disputed delivery if you see what i mean
    so you can and should claim from RM for your full amount lost
    worst case,you are £19 down vs £60
    however I would still push and claim for £60

as for 'standard' services. what would happen if it was recorded and delivered to the wrong address via PDA?
    the seller still has the same proof of delivery
    same with couriers
    theres a thread on this board with the reverse occurring
    courier delivered to the neighbour,buyer says its not there
    so its the same at both ends and can happen with any service
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    you can still claim from RM

But won't RM just reject the claim as it is scanned as delivered?
  • custardy
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    But won't RM just reject the claim as it is scanned as delivered?

would you prefer the OP doesnt claim at all?
    the OP is disputing the item was delivered to their address,so of course its going to track as delivered
    the PDA system doesnt have a resolution for it was delivered to the wrong address.
    its up to RM to investigate and find out if/what the issue is/was
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Options
    It may also be a case that the more detailed system that RM use to audit trail, may show the item as delivered somewhere else. I had two parcels which showed as being delivered by my local delivery office in Cornwall, when they were for other parts of the UK. They had actually been mis scanned and did make their way to the correct locations, but the online status that I can see still says delivered from Cornwall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport