Anyone know anything on (RISE CREDIT CARD)

Options

Comments

• sparkles00
    Options
    Applied for one online last week, didnt think i had completed as i didnt fill in my bank details for DD and lo n behold recieved a pin number in the post just now :undecided
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sparkles00 wrote: »
    Applied for one online last week, didnt think i had completed as i didnt fill in my bank details for DD and lo n behold recieved a pin number in the post just now :undecided

Does that mean you don't really want the card?

If you don't, get rid of it; otherwise they'll charge your £3.50 a month for the privilege of not using it. :eek:
  • Drewboy2000
    Options
    Hi all! I have had a Rise card for 1 month now and have had no issues whatsoever. I will agree that calling customer services is quite a pain with regards to clarity (but they have always answered to me at least) and the fact they don't have the online facilities we are all used to such as account login and balance checker means you have to either call cs or try and keep track of your expenditure which in these hectic times is obviously a headache. The card and pin arrived separately within 7 days and i set up a direct debit so no activation fee ( obviously anyone would do this to avoid the fee and cancel it at a later date if this isn't how you wish to pay). To all those who gripe over charges and fees etc you may have had mitigating circumstances but remember your in a hole of your own digging by defaulting in the first place so beggars can't be choosers and to those of you who had or are having address issues i.e having it sent to wrong address or having to supply id etc i can only assume your not on the electoral roll or your experian file is not showing it if you are hence them claiming to not be able to verify your address and the request for id.
  • mag21
    mag21 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Please avoid this company!!!
    I applied for a credit card with them and got a £300 credit.
    The minimum payment was about £60 and I was struggling to pay if off.
    A couple of months later I was able to pay it all off, I phoned their cs number and made the payment. I asked for them to close my account and they advised me to call in 3 days when the payment has cleared.
    I phoned them 3 days later and they said I couldn't close the account due to security details ??????? they said I failed to answer one question correctly and needed to send them a proof of ID and address before they could close it.
    I was very angry and had no one to speak to as they're all working in an Indian call centre and could barely speak English...
    The person I spoke to was "Lisa Lloyds" (yeah right), she was the "supervisor"...
    I sent them the documents by posts (as they don't have an email address), and rang them back a couple of days later.
    They said they still hadn't received the documents and that I needed to wait a few more days.
    I am still dealing with them now waiting for then to "update" my details, I also told them I could answer all their security questions but they refused.
    I am going to complain about them and hopefully I will get this account closed as soon as possible and won't have to deal with them ever again. I shall be sending them the phone bill as well as it cost me a fortune.
    PLEASE AVOID!!!
  • louiser123
    louiser123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    i have read on here that you have to pay a fee of 20 quid to activate the card? it was in one post is this right i have not read anything on thier site about that one can someone clarify?
    self confessed 80's throwback:D
    sealed pot challenge 2009 #488 (couldnt tell you how much so far as i cant open it to count it!!:mad: )
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    louiser123 wrote: »
    i have read on here that you have to pay a fee of 20 quid to activate the card? it was in one post is this right i have not read anything on thier site about that one can someone clarify?

The activation fee appears to have been dropped. There now may be a £20 activation payment payable by punters who don't set up a direct debit. The £20 fee will be offset against future charges and payments.

https://www.risecredit.co.uk/TermsandConditionsCLH.pdf:
    Payments

Unless you are making repayments by Direct Debit, an initial payment of £20 may be required before we can activate your card (“Activation Payment”). Any Activation Payment will be set off against any charges or fees payable on your Account.

A Capital One Secure Card would probably be a better option, if you can get one.
  • mystic40
    Options
    hi i applied for a rise credit card along with a 100 pound advance it told me i was accepted i gave my bank details and then it said they would get back to me after checking some details has anyone else had this i didnt get my advance and i am wondering if that means i have been refused it many thanks
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    This card is a night mare trying to talk to customer service but to be fair; it does the job but clear it in full every month! The charges are massive :(
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • dfr200764
    Options
    All I can say is my credit file must be really bad as they didnt even accept me...........
  • UsetheFORCE
    Options
    Wouldn't be suprised if you didn't merely meet their criteria.
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure