Anyone know anything on (RISE CREDIT CARD)

Options

Comments

• bentigger
    Options
    DONT GET ONE they are shocking at customer services and we have got one wer in debt with them due to them misselling to us and now thretening legal action sent letters and lot and still they just fob you off dont do it
  • loony2012
    loony2012 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    bentigger wrote: »
    DONT GET ONE they are shocking at customer services and we have got one wer in debt with them due to them misselling to us and now thretening legal action sent letters and lot and still they just fob you off dont do it

How are they misselling? They don't sell you anything...
  • Darren69
    Options
    To be honest, I had never heard of the Rise Credit card either, I applied and was accepted for the card on 10/04/2012, I received a £50 advance on the same day, today is now 28/04/2012, I still have received my card or my Pin number.
    I made two telephone calls to their Indian Call centre, where quite frankly I could get more sense out of a brick.
    They told me that I should have my card in the next few days, but still no card or Pin number.

I am thinking that I should cancel my Direct Debit with them as they appear to be very dis honest and un- trustworthy.

Does anyone have any advice

Thanks
    Darren69
  • loony2012
    loony2012 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Darren69 wrote: »
    To be honest, I had never heard of the Rise Credit card either, I applied and was accepted for the card on 10/04/2012, I received a £50 advance on the same day, today is now 28/04/2012, I still have received my card or my Pin number.
    I made two telephone calls to their Indian Call centre, where quite frankly I could get more sense out of a brick.
    They told me that I should have my card in the next few days, but still no card or Pin number.

I am thinking that I should cancel my Direct Debit with them as they appear to be very dis honest and un- trustworthy.

Does anyone have any advice

Thanks
    Darren69

What will canceling the DD do? give you a default and the gut feeling that you stole £50 from them...
  • Darren69
    Options
    I did not mention that I would not repay the £50 advance, as I have already done that via the printed statement they sent me in the post a few days ago with an attached payment slip.
    I have paid the advance at a counter in the bank, but have no trust in Rise as I have not received my card and pin and cannot get a straight answer from the Call centre.
  • greengo20
    Options
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the card to come out??
  • alwaysintrouble_2
    Options
    Hi all. I have a rise card with £300 limit. I agree use it wisely , I didnt as I had an urgent bill to pay and its costing me alot to pay off gradually, but im nearly there. Plus when I called customer services to try and pay I was transported to India on a very bad line and it took 20 minutes of repeating myself to actually manage to pay them. Wont be using it much again once it is paid I tell you.
    Be careful everyone !!
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    All of you are playing with fire. whats this £50 fee you talk about darren?
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • kyleb5991
    Options
    hello i am new on here i applied for a rise card received my card last monday, so i rang up to activate it but was told i would have to send a utility bill and bank statement. So i did that by 1st class post sent out on monday 8 days a go i keep ringing up and keep getting the same reply, ''but sir our systems have not been updated yet''. it has cost me over £5 calling them anyone know how long this will take
  • arcfire
    arcfire Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    i got refused, how bad is that!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business