PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Options

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought it was pretty rubbish last time so never bthered last night.
    I thought that Mrs Moneypenny was just some batty old woman, but they were talking to her one day on Bbc breakfast and had been something in the City or an Economist of some sort, obviously very well paid, and she packed in to do her moneysaving tips.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Peggybabcot
    Peggybabcot Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I quite liked the idea of the HM Khalua...... I've been saving all my old sauce bottles for HM booze for gifts and that sounds like a good one.... I would however like to see more "tips" and a better look at the challenge rather than the consumer testing piece (as if I'm going to pay £6 for an Easter egg....). That said I miss Spendaholics and Alvin Hall ........ Livalot -I'd watch it on catchup up and fast forward through the boring bits :D

Ah Alvin Hall. Where is he now he was fab and really got down to the nitty gritty with people's finances. Superscrimpers was ok but it just seems to have lost its sparkle that it once had. At least last night wasn't a re hash of old clips but no major money saving tips sadly. Would I watch next week? I think I'll record it and fast forward where necessary! X
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If anyone is interested about chocolate then I find Aldi is just about the best value around. They do a great range of really good chocolate, really smooth and velvety. And their prices are really low for the quality on offer. They had loads of Easter specials this week.

I think Cadbury's have changed their recipe since they were taken over by Kraft Foods. It seems to have a really sharp and nasty "after" taste, which catches my throat.

Yes I think that Superscrimpers really misses it's target - it's just fluff. They could do so much more.

The "overspenders" segment really is pointless sometimes but last night's was the worst in a long time. The girl was supposed to be some sort of "Fashionista" :rotfl:

She looked no different from any other young teenage girl for all the thousands she was spending. Just goes to show money doesn't necessarily buy you style.

At least they have got rid of that horrible car mechanic from the last series. :D
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    Everything you could ever want to know about the wonderful Mr Hall.... http://alvinhall.com/
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Blackpool_Saver Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Xaniwoop wrote: »
    The radiator part had me wondering what 'expensive supermarket cleaning products' everyone else is using on their radiators..? Mine get a wipe over with a damp cloth if I spill my coffee down them and a dust down the back when they first go on after the summer and the smell reminds me!

I use a mop with boiling water and bleach, up and down up and down, cheap and effective:D
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 March 2013 at 10:21PM
    Options
    I think its her patronising voice that gets up my nose I gave up watching last time because basically it was total rubbish and the silly folk that they showed deserved to be broke as they seemed to be without a scrap of common sense between them.as for the lass that 'makes' jewelery well I wouldn't wear it under any circumstances its like something that the kids make from a Blue Peter programme.Total waste of a possible good idea and screen time
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    They should come on this thread and ask us for tips!
    I watched it, but learned nothing new.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    I only caught a bit while changing channels, given up on it as well because it's mostly a load of rubbish. I did notice they are still coming on here and nicking bits!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it's had its time & we need a much better less woffly programme. I liked Alvin Hall, Pay off your mortgage in 2 years, Spendaholics & the cookery programme with Allegra & Paul. I make a lot of home made liqueurs, but let's be honest, you still have to buy the gin or vodka, so it's not going to save anything significant, despite making nice gifts. Same as the people who makes jewelery from an old button & a shoelace......not necessary anyway. What would be useful for so many households, especially in these dire economic times would be a programme showing how many (sensible) meals can be made from 1 roast chicken, tricks for reducing essential shopping bills, essential cleaning products reduced to a minimum, etc. Another useful thing for beginner moneysavers would be how to set up a store cupboard for the first time....the most useful items to include, etc. Or which veggies are most cost effective to grow. 'Superscrimpers' just fiddles around the edges. I think Spendaholics sooooo needs a new series. It's perfect for the times we are living in.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    no cause its crap.
    :footie:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts