We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help Help HELP!!!!

13

Comments

  • OnAndUp
    OnAndUp Posts: 981
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just the picture in my head of a muddy Afrikaans / Somali township scam operation where the six clanky ex DELL PC's with old 12" CRT monitors running on an illegal leccy supply nicked from an overhead powerline using 30 day Zain throw away Ghanize 3G dongles.

    When the score is made the ' boss man ' sends the little ' runner ' out into the rain in his red shorts and little yellow wellies to collect the money from a hole~in~the~wall and get a celebration suppy of fresh Khat leaves and Tiger beer for the lads on the return trip :D

    Overactive "Techie" Imagination!! :p;) :rotfl:
    "Things can only get better.................c/o D:Ream #The 90's :D"
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,159
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'll have a pint of what he's drinking! :beer:
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

    Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2011 at 12:52AM
    That's not over-active :D and anyway its daytime, if you want wander around my cerebral infratentorial supracerebellar corridors after 10pm you can use the retrosigmoid suboccipital approach it's always left open after Newkie Brown's visit about 10pm :D Just remember to turn left at the first eyeball and you'll find your way in no problemo !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Toxteth_OGrady
    Toxteth_OGrady Posts: 3,958
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'll 'ave a pint of what he's on as well :beer: :eek:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    604!
  • Was this a wind-up ... not heard from Purple-flower for 2 days .. musta bought the free trial :eek:
  • birkee
    birkee Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    CHR15 wrote: »
    Why would a scammer give you a free trial??

    The WHOLE point of this scam is to get people to think they are infected so they PAY money to the scammer.

    There is nothing to have a free trial of!!

    No "think" about it. They are infected, just not with what the message says.
  • Hi techies, I need your help!

    I've looked through the malware/spyware thread but haven't found anything on this particular problem (unless I've missed it somehow!).

    the problem is that when you open up the laptop there is a message on the screen which has taken the place of the desktop wallpaper. It reads something like this:

    "WARNING! You're in Danger! Your computer is infected with Spyware! All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard disk......."


    theres quite at lot of stuff but the gist of it is the same :mad:

    How can I get rid of it!!!! Any help is much appreciated! :)

    Purple-flower - did you get this sorted ?
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,471
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    rmg1 wrote: »
    I'll have a pint of what he's drinking! :beer:
    I'll 'ave a pint of what he's on as well :beer: :eek:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    I think I'd just risk a half.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • spud17 wrote: »
    I think I'd just risk a half.

    Sensible fellah - :beer:

    Newkie Brown :

    2n9m4va.jpg
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • rmg1 wrote: »
    Richie - why yellow?

    Go on, this'll keep you going till / if ever Purple-flower gets back
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.