We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help Help HELP!!!!
Purple-flower
Posts: 200
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi techies, I need your help!
I've looked through the malware/spyware thread but haven't found anything on this particular problem (unless I've missed it somehow!).
the problem is that when you open up the laptop there is a message on the screen which has taken the place of the desktop wallpaper. It reads something like this:
"WARNING! You're in Danger! Your computer is infected with Spyware! All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard disk......."
theres quite at lot of stuff but the gist of it is the same :mad:
How can I get rid of it!!!! Any help is much appreciated!
I've looked through the malware/spyware thread but haven't found anything on this particular problem (unless I've missed it somehow!).
the problem is that when you open up the laptop there is a message on the screen which has taken the place of the desktop wallpaper. It reads something like this:
"WARNING! You're in Danger! Your computer is infected with Spyware! All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard disk......."
theres quite at lot of stuff but the gist of it is the same :mad:
How can I get rid of it!!!! Any help is much appreciated!
0
Comments
-
if you are able to run it, install malwarebytes and do a full scan, fix anything found before closing!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
-
oh wait, have managed to get on but its doing that weird display thing when it can't load the pictures (sorry this is not very technical), will try to download the software
0 -
try system restore!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
have to go to email address to get code, is this safe?0
-
code for what?!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
Purple-flower wrote: »have to go to email address to get code, is this safe?
Noooooo!!!!!...............don't pay!!!!!!!0 -
Purple-flower wrote: »have to go to email address to get code, is this safe?
You mean follow the virus-writer's invitation to pay them for a code which will remove the virus?
Noooooo........0 -
It' a code for the free trial I think, a bit like when you download microsoft office trial and you have to enter the activation code? I haven't paid anything, no way!0
-
What free trial!!
> . !!!! ----> .0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards