Unclaimed prize register

Options

Comments

• LoydieDB9
    Options
    My Mum received the letter today. Different personal code though - 048700002075812

Prizes are cheque for £25k, Sony Laptop, £5k cash, 37"HD TV and a 2 Carat Garnet Pendant.

The 2carat Pendant is on a 'gold tone chain'. Classy!:p

This letter is asking for £14.95 via postal order or credit card. :eek:

Same company. No premium rate phone number either.
    Thanks to all who posted this beforehand.

Steve:beer:
  • kernewek99
    Options
    in case anyone does want to pay a visit, their actual address is:

McIntyre & Dodd Marketing Ltd t/a Unclaimed Prize Register

Boscombe House
    20 Station Road
    Ross-on-Wye
    Herefordshire
    HR9 7AG

Happy hunting.:D
  • anne942
    Options
    ceedy wrote: »
    99%,,, nah 100% confident its a con to get you a hefty phone charge and if your are very very very very very lucky a crap prize.. nah.. no chance of anything .. take care
    C.
    I paid £14.95 to receive my prize which were threatre tickets for any westend show but to use these it would have cost me approx £45, I returned the tickets and requested my money back, this was in Feb 2010, I also asked them to take me off their mailing list, I have since received 3 letters stating I have won a prize, I telephoned them, and asked for my money back and to stop sending me new prize awards, I have written to them but they always say they did not receive the letters, they are a scam company and I feel stupid for falling for it. I have reported them to Trading Standards and now going down that route.:(
  • Eric1
    Eric1 Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    Hooray! my OH got one today, with a very personal allocation code.... 603498 :j

But we do not "recall filling in and mailing an entry coupon blah blah"

So unfortunate, just can't force myself to claim an undeserved digital camera :D
  • donlyn
    donlyn Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Funnily enough, I received a letter today and my allocation code is also 603498 - odd that!
  • debobrad
    debobrad Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this info, I got my very own letter this morning with a code of ......603498. What a cheek this company have.

Sent back as no longer at this address. Hopefully the last I will hear from them.
    Pigsback= £34.90
    Pinecone research= £4
    Valued opinions=£13.75
    Lightspeed=0 pts (£10 amazon voucher redeemed)
    Ipsos=5535 pts
    Won=x1 James Martin Apron, rucksack with goodies, one book.
  • MeesaJarJar
    Options
    raycboy wrote: »
    I have also received one of these letters with the allocation code of 603498, i am going to post off for my "prize" and i will let you all know what the outcome is. No doubt it will be the digi camera but it has got to be worth the price of a couple of stamps,cheers:)

I know this is 2 years after the post I've quoted, but...

I got a letter today from the same people with the same allocation code of 603498.

Unbelievable.
  • therbckid
    Options
    hey. def scam!!! i got the same number as you!!!603498!!!!! and the wording on the letter is so fake!! i could fake letters more convincing than this guy!!
  • flush_the_hamster
    flush_the_hamster Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 June 2010 at 9:41AM
    Options
    think of a number.... any number....
    scam.jpg
    Don't tell them your name, Pike! :D
  • ssuzi17
    ssuzi17 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I got the self same letter with the same "personal allocation code" 603498..... sent back in an unstamped envelope...:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure