E7even - Upgrade to 2Mb for £25

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
17 replies 1.3K views
cloud_dogcloud_dog Forumite
5.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I see E7even are offering new customers before 28th Feb and existing customers the chance to upgrade to 2Mb for £25.

This is not a referal merely pointing it out for the benefit of others.

cloud_dog
p.s. I'm sure Mike will do the referring :-)
Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone

Replies

• mike_patersonmike_paterson Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    cloud_dog wrote:
    I see E7even are offering new customers before 28th Feb and existing customers the chance to upgrade to 2Mb for £25.

This is not a referal merely pointing it out for the benefit of others.

cloud_dog
    p.s. I'm sure Mike will do the referring :-)

Nice one cloud_dog !
    To infinity and beyond!
  • SimranSimran Forumite
    106 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    not sure how this compares but freedom2surf offer up to 2Mb speed (with a 2GB per month cap) at £14.99 per month. Theres an activation fee of £49.99. Unlimited downloads during the night (I think from 1am-5am-ish).Web-site at http://www.freedom2surf.net/adsl/connect.php
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    New E7even offer from today and it looks like a good one:

Special Offer valid until 28th February 2005!

Sign-up for an Annual or Biennial 512Kbps E7even Subscription and receive a free upgrade to 1Mbps*!!.

Sign-up for an Annual or Biennial 1Mbps E7even Subscription and receive a free upgrade to 2Mbps**!!.

Cheers
    Mike

*** Threads merged and referral detail removed *** Board Guide
    To infinity and beyond!
  • cloud_dogcloud_dog Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, whilst we are (sort of) discussing 2Mb ADSL services would anyone like to comment on its value. For example if I do not download video, MP3, etc, etc then what is the advantage to me as a basic web surfer who listens to the radio over the web.

I suppose my perception is that web pages would load a little bit quicker but other than that is it *really* that beneficial (I'll ignore the fact that for a paltry £25 I will have 2Mb speed for another 18 months).

Any comments???

cloud_dog
    p.s. not you Mike as you are biased :-)

5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simran wrote:
    not sure how this compares but freedom2surf offer up to 2Mb speed (with a 2GB per month cap) at £14.99 per month. Theres an activation fee of £49.99. Unlimited downloads during the night (I think from 1am-5am-ish).Web-site at http://www.freedom2surf.net/adsl/connect.php

Siram, I suppose the main differences are that E7even are unlimited downloads and provide a static IP address (should you want / need one).

cloud_dog

• quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cloud_dog wrote:

cloud_dog
    :-)

I can see the free upgrade (before 28 Feb) of 512K to 1M , or 1M to 2M for new subscribers of either of the Annual or Biennial services, BUT WHERE is the £25 offer to existing customers to upgrade to 2 Meg ?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quioa, I've e-mailed requesting clarification.

They replied to my earlier e-mail stating that my line will support 2Mb but I'll await confirmation if the £25 will take me from 512Kb to 1Mb or 2Mb, and let you know. Below is the e-mail I received and from the end date for the subscription term I can tell that the e-mail is tailored for my account sooooooo I would take it that for £25 I can upgrade from 512Kb to 2Mb - but will wait for confirmation from my e-mail.

"This is a limited special offer valid until Sunday the 27th of February 2005, for all our existing ADSL customers.

Want to download even faster than you already do?

Well now is your chance, pre-order your upgrade to a 2Mb ADSL connection today for just £25. The upgrade will run from the 14th April 2005, until the end of your subscription term, which is the 26th September 2006.

This is a one-time offer and will not be repeated, so simply click on the link below and order your upgrade now.

https://www.e7even.com/cgi-bin/2mbupgrade.cgi?username=*********

All upgrades will be become active on or around 14th April 2005 after successful completion of quadrupling the current network capacity! Yes that's 4 times more bandwidth for all our users to enjoy with their new 2Mb connections.

E7even Customer Services"

cloud_dog

• In my case it was an email to me this morning as follows.

This is a limited special offer valid until Sunday the 27th of February 2005, for all our existing ADSL customers.
    Want to download even faster than you already do?
    Well now is your chance, pre-order your upgrade to a 2Mb ADSL connection today for just £25. The upgrade will run from the 14th April 2005, until the end of your subscription term, which is the 29th May 2005.

Not particularly good value for money, but the one that tickled me in another forum is the guy who's email last line read "The upgrade will run from the 14th April 2005, until the end of your subscription term, which is the 7th April 2005."
    Retired and Happy.
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I got an email too - but I can't tell you about what a great offer it was to have more of e7evens great bandwith for a few pennies a month extra as i am biased ;>)
    To infinity and beyond!
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I asked for clarification is that I hope it applies to ME ! (since I am an existing member? - I think - I hope)

I subscribed to e7even just over a week ago - took up their FREE 12 MONTHS option on that "special offer" weekend - I "bought" 12 months at 512K and get a free 12 month extension making 2 years in total.

(MIKE P - I'll be in touch shortly - You know why !)

I received the 2 emails on 13/2/05 confirming firstly sign-up confirmation and then payment confirmation.
    My credit card has been debited (£230) and I JUST TODAY (22/2/05) received the email confirming LINE ACTIVATION !!

YIPPEE!

Sadly I still haven't obtained the ADSL modem/hub/router that I'd like, nor any microfilters so I'm not going to be up and running for a week or so.

However I hope that the £25 offer is available.
    If so it means I get 2MB for just £1.04 extra per month.

That would mean I could have 2MB unlimited etc.. etc.. etc.. for 2 years for £255 - (well £245 thanks to Mike P)
    That's just £10.21 a month.

Take off the one off connection fee of £50 and that's ONLY £8.13/month

Hope it is my lucky day. FINGERS CROSSED !

I presume MY EMAIL for this offer is sitting in my new e7even email address mail box !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support