March Work Lunches Challenge!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
62 replies 3.6K views

Replies

• eleanor73eleanor73 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Lunch was provided yesterday so I am still on track and haven't bought any lunches yet. Last night I made cream of mushroom soup so I've got that today.
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • steveossteveos Forumite
    34 Posts
    Was all going well....went to London today (work) and had a pub lunch..I don't even drink!! alas..£12.95 less than before I walked in...groan....:eek:

I will take sandwiches next too days (have lots of sandwich fillings and bread)..or lock myself in at home to work...probably safer!!

On the whole I am doing better....so cant be too annoyed with myself...:D
    Mortgage 58K/11yrs
    ::: Total Debt: [STRIKE]£1480[/STRIKE] 1250 :::
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (22/02/2011): [STRIKE]£457[/STRIKE] £707 :::
    ::: Debt (CCard
    ) Free By Thirty: Aug 2011 ::
    Note to self: Stop wasting money!!!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    HM mushroom soup again today. Away on a long weekend tomorrow, Sat, Sun and Mon and loads of eating out and spending will happen so def need to stick to no lunches when I get back to work!!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday had pasta and veg and today leftover risotto and salad.
  • ElmerFuddElmerFudd Forumite
    444 Posts
    Bit late I know but can I join this? So far this month I have taken packed lunches into work. I have only had problems with spending on coffee out :(
    Debt at worst: £33000 (Feb 2011). Present debt: £25610 (Apr 2012)
    Lloyds old (22.4%) = 560 (Dec 2012)
  • CatslovelycatsCatslovelycats Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've amazed myself with managing 10 so far.
    Partly helped by having a routine now of making a loaf of bread at weekends, slicing and freezing it and then pulling them out each day to make sarnies with. Long may it last!
  • Greetings, all! Hope everyone is back in the lunch making mood.

I have a frozen brick of butternut squash soup- will probably hog the microwave for a bit while trying to defrost it!
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Was off yesterday but today I have also a frozen brick of soup (mine is minestrone though) which will hog the microwave here! Loads of potential lunches in my new freezer as have been batch cooking :j
  • kate_pixiekate_pixie Forumite
    333 Posts
    My first lunch of the month that didn't involve toast! Leftover chilli and jacket potato. Omnomnom!

Finally a Homeowner 04.10.13 :j

Frugal Living Challenge 2015 £958.70 / £12,000

"So much to do, so much to see. So what's wrong with taking the back streets?"
  • ElmerFuddElmerFudd Forumite
    444 Posts
    Leftovers for lunch, found some more money. All good :)
    Debt at worst: £33000 (Feb 2011). Present debt: £25610 (Apr 2012)
    Lloyds old (22.4%) = 560 (Dec 2012)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals