March Work Lunches Challenge!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
62 replies 3.6K views

Replies

• NO BOUGHT LUNCHES FOR ME PLEASE
    I've managed to stick to it all this year, so am determined to keep going.

Today i've had chicken soup from home and a banana. Despite the fact I was out of the house really early for an appointment before work and skipped breakfast....actually had money in my purse and passed loads of lovely shops selling tempting lunches & snacks on my way in to work...greggs, pret, costa, starbucks, mcdonalds three little bakeries. I was so proud of my little self for resisting.

• La_escocesaLa_escocesa Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    La escocesa - 2 sandwich shop trips only!!!

Thanks for running the challenge again NTBY!

xxxx
  • kevstanleykevstanley Forumite
    180 Posts
    Thanks for this, NTBY.

I'm going to go for 16 lunches from home this month
    2011 wins: 2 day gym membership, film download, NETBOOK!
    Debt at LBM: [STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]26/1/11 = £4733.26[/STRIKE] 11/6/11 = £3759.384
  • eleanor73eleanor73 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Today I was on council training (so of course no lunch) so I took a tin of soup and blagged use of a microwave :o)
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • d3mon4ngeld3mon4ngel Forumite
    366 Posts
    Hello everyone and thank you to NTBY for hosting this again!

I'm going for a max of 4 bought lunches again, but hoping to get a big fat zero :D

Had leftover korma and garlic bread for dinner yesterday, and a ham & cheese pasty for dinner today.
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T :::
    :A
    That money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
    ~ VSP2011: #104 ~
  • CatslovelycatsCatslovelycats Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    so far managed 1 lunch
  • Beans on toast yesterday and today its a rather unexciting packet of pasta. There wasn't anything appealing in the fridge when I was rummaging this morning and I didn't fancy another beans on toast day. I did find some sachets of hot chocolate though....that should sort out any temptation of going to the corner shop at lunchtime for a chocolate fix. Just had to cough up £56 for my monthly bus pass so i'm seriously skint at the mo. Its about £20+ cheaper to do monthly than weekly so I prefer to do it....its just so hard to hand over that much money all in one go to the bus driver.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooo MissWorks2jobs that's rubbish - I walk to work thank goodness. Today I have training again so free lunch!!! YAY:j
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • CatslovelycatsCatslovelycats Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Bought lunch yesterday. Managed 2 non-bought so far. I made my own on TUesday and cheated slightly today because lunch was provided free at a conference! Am going to make a cheese roll etc a bit later so I don't need to buy anything tomorrow!
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Today I have a pot of hoummus from the freezer (that had been discounted to 17p!), pepper and carrot crudites & a pitta.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals