March Work Lunches Challenge!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
62 replies 3.6K views

Replies

• swampduckswampduck Forumite
    934 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have been that busy this week that I forgot to post my challenge!! No more than 2 bought lunches for March!

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • La_escocesaLa_escocesa Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tomato soup with a few handfuls of cous cous thrown in pour moi today. nom nom nom.
  • Cauliflower & broccoli cuppa soup an some bread. I also have an apple. Busy day but just thought i'd join in saying i'm starting as I mean to go on.
  • focus888focus888 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    yay i can finally join this challenge, am so broke this month i HAVE to have homemade lunches :), day four and i have had four homemade lunches so far x
  • I'm a week late starting but please can I go for 4 bought lunches??

I'm lucky enough to get free fruit at work so usually I have fruit and take a couple of slices of fruit malt loaf but sometimes the homemade soup is too tempting to pass up!!
    My Debts:
    Barclays Overdraft - £1600 Capital One CC - £1200

March Targets:
    Barclays Overdraft - £500 Capital One - £75.52 (Double minimum payment)
  • msgnomeymsgnomey Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    I have to do lunch duty and often the smell of school lunches is too tempting, BUT even as I ate it on Friday I decided it smelled better than it tasted sooo NO MORE SCHOOL DINNERS FOR ME packed lunches all month instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • NottoobadyetNottoobadyet Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I have leftover fritatta today. I would have made a salad with it but was a bit lazy this morning.
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • eleanor73eleanor73 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I am on training tomorrow and don't know if lunch is provided so I am going to go empty handed. if there is no lunch then I will use up my one bought lunch.
    Today I had veg curry and a pitta.
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • timbstoketimbstoke Forumite
    985 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to ease myself into this one and say 3 more bought lunches allowed for the rest of the month. I've just bought a breadmaker, which leaves me no excuse not to take in big crusty doorstop sandwiches every day :-)
  • CatslovelycatsCatslovelycats Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've managed 4 out of 12 so far. Not sure I can maintain the discipline - but anything is better than 0!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals