IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Daniels Silverman

I have today received a letter from Daniels Silverman stating that someone will be calling on me on March 8th at 5pm to discuss the pending legal case against me.
Its in relation to an 'offence' in Dec 2010 when my car was parked on private land - i was not the driver at the time of the 'offence' but am the owner. I have received numerous letters from National Parking Control which i have ignored apart from responding to the first and second by using the templates on MSE site.
The thought that someone is coming around is upsetting me somewhat but i intend to remain strong - could do with some words of encouragement though.

Comments

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    If a debt collector does indeed call (unlikely as it's probably a bluff), refuse to allow him/her into your home. If the debt collector becomes threatening and demands entry call the old bill
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    They won't turn up, and even if they do tell them to sod off as they have NO powers at all to discuss anything, they are not bailiffs , they are just scummy debt collectors who are trying to intimidate you into paying, these jokers have come to light over the last few days, and you ain't the first, they will be extremely busy if they visited everyone.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    gaildavies wrote: »
    I have today received a letter from Daniels Silverman stating that someone will be calling on me on March 8th at 5pm to discuss the pending legal case against me.
    Its in relation to an 'offence' in Dec 2010 when my car was parked on private land - i was not the driver at the time of the 'offence' but am the owner. I have received numerous letters from National Parking Control which i have ignored apart from responding to the first and second by using the templates on MSE site.
    The thought that someone is coming around is upsetting me somewhat but i intend to remain strong - could do with some words of encouragement though.

They won't turn up and if they do you can always not answer the door ..perhaps you will be unavailable ...you don't have to make yourself available to these people , they are just private citizens with NO POWERS at all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2011 at 12:16AM
    gaildavies wrote: »

This is harassment for a debt that is simply not enforceable against a registered keeper.

Complain in writing in the next few days and complain seriously, to the retailer/occupier or managing agent where the fake ticket was issued - tell them they face charges of harassment themselves as they are jointly and severally liable for the actions of their agents (the original parking co). Also complain straight away, before 8th March, to your MP, Office of Fair Trading, etc as per this link:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

They will not call round and cannot do anything at all, it is illegal to harass people, they can be fined thousands as it's criminal! If a debt collector did call round or phone you tell them to get lost, the debt is denied, they will be reported for harassment and offences under CPUTR (see the harassment link for more info).

As well as complaining, why not have a laugh and put a few signs up on the gate and door that morning, in clear large bold typed lettering - just in case they try:

CONTRACTUAL NOTICE
    Any representative of Daniels Silverman who calls at this house/flat or so much as sets foot on this driveway/garden/doorstep contractually agrees to pay the occupant the sum of £(same as they are claiming). This is a contractual fee charged to Daniels Silverman employees and representatives and forms a binding legal agreement - do not enter this land unless you have understood the terms of this notice. No further notice will be given and failure to pay this contractual sum within seven days will result in a Small Claim plus interest and costs.

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2011 at 8:37AM
    Another Daniels Silverman, man their getting desperate! I expect their MD will crop up shortly. He is known to pop on to websites defending his company!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?207371-Worst-experience-with-Daniels-Silverman-as-a-customer&highlight=daniels+silverman

http://uk.blagger.com/db4/company_id/5749/companyname/Daniels-Silverman.html

They seem to have been handed some last chance invoices to collect on, they must be desperate. They make idle threats of turning up, they wont and if they did simply tell them to """" off.

They operate from a box room in a storage facility here! Maybe a sign of their success?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=67-83+Norfolk+Street+liverpool&aq=&sll=53.555946,-2.64649&sspn=0.010733,0.033023&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Norfolk+St,+Liverpool,+Merseyside+L1+0BE,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.395409,-2.981458&spn=0.010773,0.033023&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.395422,-2.981455&panoid=mgxqNLN5euuAQuuVTyuP4w&cbp=12,280.48,,0,5
  • slugs
    slugs Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 July 2011 at 8:56PM
    daniels silverman are debt collectors that take on anything they think will make a bob or two,we are dealing with them at the moment,the best way we deal with them is to tell them you are disputing the debt,they cant do anything else unless they have a court order,if they start to ring at work report them to the OFT in liverpool for harrasment if they ring again and again at unresonable times like when you are putting tea out,report them, if they get reported often enought they can be fined.we had a timeshare,and of course we dont pay for it anymore, i thought they had enought work on just getting payment from the thousands of non payers of timeshare,LOL check out the web page......blogs.mirror.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt425/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=49&search=daniels+silverman
  • Judybp
    Judybp Posts: 4 Newbie
    I have received a letter from Daniels Silverman requesting £300 in the next day or so otherwise they will take appropriate action through the Courts etc!! in relation to a ticket I received in September from National Parking Control which I ignored!! I am now nervous!! Should I send them the original amount of the initial ticket or do I ignore this letter??? Please advise me asap please!!
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Judybp wrote: »
    I have received a letter from Daniels Silverman requesting £300 in the next day or so otherwise they will take appropriate action through the Courts etc!! in relation to a ticket I received in September from National Parking Control which I ignored!! I am now nervous!! Should I send them the original amount of the initial ticket or do I ignore this letter??? Please advise me asap please!!

Ignore they are low life and won't. Do anything. Just made out to scare u in to paying.

Now you can carry on and enjoy the rest of your day
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Judybp wrote: »

Don't even think about paying it. It would be like paying a phishing emailer. :mad:

This is all that happens on the very odd occasion that a PPC tries Court:

Hetherington Jakeman case

Basically the amount was found to be an unlawful penalty and the judge was not at all impressed with the parking company. But do bear in mind that cases actually going to Small Claims Court are once in a blue moon - purely because most PPCs could not make a case stick as fake PCNs are unenforceable.

Carry on ignoring the letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Daniels Silverman are very aggressive with their debt collection, but they bark and don't bite! If you check the links up there ^^ you will see their none to clever at paying their own bills!

However what you have received is a completely empty threat as you don't owe anybody anything! Especially a PPC!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure