PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• lauzellen
    lauzellen Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I spent £29.33 on Tue making my declared Total for March £166.13so I'm within my target of £200 :j
    Daughters Sealed Saving Pot - start them young :money: £90 :T
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

It's been a total disaster this month and I'm declaring £219.52!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That's a massive £84.52 overspend Oh dear indeed! :mad:

Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess. I won't dwell on it.

See you in April. :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    £2.84 spent today in Lidl on cheese and eggs. That finishes the month for me with pennies to spare!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, finally at the end of what has seemed like the longest month ever!!

We spent £193.96 in March, which takes our total so far on our yearly challenge to £374.17 so far (just 83p under where we should be!!). Have got a bit of food in but cupboards not exactly bursting, need to start cutting back a little.

DH doesn't really help though - I put a chicken in the SC yesterday, and he's been cooking tea -that one chicken has only lasted 2 evening meals for two people!! I couldn't even eat half my tea tonight it was so huge, so that'll do me for lunches tomorrow and Saturday. I can't moan cos he's only trying to help, but I would have made that last us 3 or 4 meals each at least.

See you all in April - I don't post often but I do read regularly to keep me on the straight and narrow! :) xx
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • leeds1947
    leeds1947 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody I agree this has been a looong month and has seemed hard to keep within budget Have used up much of the freezer contents too but have managed to stay within budget.£178/£200. March challenge .Could you please register me for £200 April challenge .Thank you for all who run the thread.Put my March underspend towards a family pub meal a real treat!
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Well done everyone!!

Hi all well so far so good i'm declaring
    £72.33/£166.67

Mrs M please could you update my annual total to
    £279.45 so far.

Thanks everyone, back in a bit.

Kez x

• M0neysav3r
    M0neysav3r Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so maybe I declared a little too early :D A couple of minor spends this week makes me topple over my target!! £211.57 :o
    Never mind, still good for my first month I guess and I haven't done a proper shop this week AND alot of what I brought were woopsied 7x bananas for 10p, how could I refuse :j
    See you all next month :beer:
    :j No Debts (Other than HUGE mortgage! :eek: )
    Generally trying to cut back where possible :j
    GC - March £143.82 / £200 Feb £156.03 / £150 Oops! Jan £180.78/£200:D
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi one and all

as March draws to an end I am declaring £118.17 just managed to stay in budget

Thank you to everyone on here for keeping me motivated and focused

jd xx
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Hi would like to declare that my total so far this year is £617.17
  • roger_ramjet
    Options
    I did it! A spend free month! Freezer is looking rather bare! And I can't wait to enjoy a coffee with milk again!!

Interestingly, I spoke to my brother about a week ago - where he told me he was having a spend free month too!! Interesting that we both independently arrived at the same challenge at the same time. And no, we're not freaky telepathic twins!! His challenge allowed basics such as bread/milk etc - so he spent about £12 for the month.

Anyway Mrs Ramjet comes home today - my exams all finished - for now!! :beer:
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    1st April 2015
    Outstanding Mortgage (1&2): £75023/£76400 Target MF date: Jun 2019 (49 payments)
    Target OP (2015): £1500
    Outstanding Mortgage 3: £77000
    [STRIKE] Outstanding Loan: £1161 [/STRIKE] What Loan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure