1.5K replies 167K views

Replies

• edited 1 March 2011 at 11:23AM
    rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 March 2011 at 11:23AM
    pencakes wrote: »
    ... After going through my bank statements with a fine tooth comb, I worked out I spent ... Starbucks (£61)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scary when you see it in black and white isnt it? I have to do the same with my craft buying on ebay :o

Welcome to our newbies :wave: and good luck with your first challenge

Congrats to all who made it near or under budget last month :T

I'm off to do my meal plan for the month and see if I can reduce my sainsbugs online shop booked for next week .... :D
    ...does anyone have any ice cream recipes that dont involve an ice cream maker? ..

have a look at this thread ;)

eta forgot to say :oSunflower, your Nut, Apricot and Choc Chip Biscuits are now in the index (part 4 for the moment) :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Welcome stuckindebt - you're not the only bloke here :D
    Welcome also to all the other newbies

My first spend was £7 in Co-op today - stocking up on a few lunch items for the week.
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T
  • did Xspenders leek and quorn pie for tea last night for me and DH, missed out the garlic and mustard powder as we hadnt got any mustard powder and DH isnt a garlic eater. Kids dont like leek so did them a mushroom and quorn pie but theres had ready made puff pasty on top, it all got eaten so counting both versions of that as successes thank you for the recipie.

today is an NSD for food shopping but ive had to take cash into school for tickets, club rent and sponsorship so money again came out of the other pot.

jacket pots for dinner for me and DH (kids have all taken pack ups)
    pizza for kids toight as they are eating early me and DH will have veggie lasange at about 9pm nce weve done for the night.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • patentgirlpatentgirl Forumite
    920 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Can I please join in again was MIA last month My target is £150 for the month please MrsM and a big thanks to Pink, Rosieben and MrsM for all the work that you put into the GC thread each month Money is very tight again this month so I really need to stick to it, however I have lowered total as going away on the 17th March for a week so in theory should be a doddle famous last words I know!! did a shop in sainsbugs last night of £47.55 so just over a £100 till then for 3 adults and a fat fussy cat but have DD and DS and their partners and baby at least once a week for a meal plus DD3 BF as least 3 times a week but have quite a stocked freezer and larder at moment
    welcome any newbies
    Good luck everyone xx
    January grocery challenge £150
  • jinky67jinky67 Forumite
    47.8K posts
    I am off to MrT's shortly.....shouldnt need anything for myself cos its Gran I am going for

Unless I see some irresistible bargain :D
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • Cant believe how well we did last month so I am going to shave another £10 off my montly target so this month we are going for the £100 mark :eek:

Pleaes can you put me down for £100 this month. Thank You. Off to Mr T now to do a starting shop.
    MAY NSD's

• Hi
    This is my first challenge and first post! Hope I'm doing it right. I'm aiming for £200. This is for 4 adults (mum, dad and 2 grown up kids).
    Hi and good luck to all
  • ZoeGirl_3ZoeGirl_3 Forumite
    383 posts
    ✭✭
    Decided to follow this for March, haven't in a while but recently bought a house and want to do the whole mortgage free thing!

Just stocked up on 28th of Feb with 200$ worth of food, so am going to attempt to spend max of $20 on food and see how we go. I figure all we will need is a top up of fruit/ milk half way through...have veges in garden, fruit on trees, and cupboards full! Fingers crossed anyway.

Anyone know of any good meal plans that would suit kids?
    "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!!"
    Nov NSD: ?/30 Nov Make 10 Day ?/300
    Get Rid Of Debt: ?/2000 !! :mad:
  • ChlorisChloris Forumite
    682 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    A NSD here! :j. That doesn't happen very often. x

Need to find some recipes for pork pasties for tomorrow. Anyone made any before? It's leftover roast pork. :T
  • minnie2minnie2 Forumite
    513 posts
    so March is here already and we are going to be very frugal this month!!!!!!!! we have to be!!! £150 for the month
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!