Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

What is 10GB of internet usage ? (Roughly)

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

What is 10GB of internet usage ? (Roughly)

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
5 replies 48.3K views
Bob_BridgesBob_Bridges Forumite
138 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Thinking about changing internet packages.
Need to know what 10GB of usage would be - roughly....

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Replies

• All depends on what you are viewing/downloading.

I could spank your 10GB allowance in an hour with ease, or it could last me all month if I only attend to e-mails and the odd bit of browsing/Youtube viewing.
    Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.
  • ukcarperukcarper Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 8 days I’ve used about 2gb, I am on line about 4hrs a day, OH on line about 2hrs a day.
    General surfing and emails and a bit of you tube.
  • By the time you torrent a film or 3, it would be done.
    Fog on The Tyne isn't mine all mine... but if I wanted it, I'd want it with a discount code.
  • I use anywhere between 6 and 8 GB a month and that's mostly browsing, emailing, about 45-60 mins of video Skype per week. Maybe an hour of streaming iPlayer a week. I download about twice that a month as Plus net allows free downloads between 12 am and 8 am, so schedule iPlayer and podcast downloads during that time.
  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is in relation to the BT 10GB broadband package many find it's equal to several hefty excess use charges before they decide to upgrade.

10GB is plenty for general surfing, email, and a bit of YouTube. If you decide to use iPlayer much, online backup services, or download games or video then it will be used up very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support