Nationwide (merged)

Options
1154155156157158160»

Comments

• Ralphy101
    Ralphy101 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Just sent my FOS complaint form off this morning..

its in the hands of the gods now!
  • Shaza40
    Shaza40 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    yep, ralphy fingers crossed for us both :0)
  • KARLNFFC
    Options
    I'm currently trying to claim for £350 in fees from nationwide. I'm a student so does this make me more or less likely to get away with the financial hardships 'method'. I was also wondering if I can claim for interest because I've been in my overdraft for pretty much the whole period I'm claiming for. (just over a year).

Any help appreciated :)
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KARLNFFC wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to claim for £350 in fees from nationwide. I'm a student so does this make me more or less likely to get away with the financial hardships 'method'. I was also wondering if I can claim for interest because I've been in my overdraft for pretty much the whole period I'm claiming for. (just over a year).

Any help appreciated :)

Much has changed in the attempts to reclaim bank charges over the last year when the last posts in this thread were made.

As far as Financial hardship is concerned, it has nothing to do with being a student.

I would suggest you refer to the sticky on financial hardship online resources to discover what is considered financial hardship as far as lending is concerned.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2428497
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Rikku1300
    Options
    Hi

I wrote to Nationwide with a £10.00 cheque requesting for my last 6 years bank statements from all address and cards. They wrote back telling me this was in process. Then two weeks later I get my statements. GREAT!

As I looked through my statements it seemed more complicated then I thought. My overdraft statements don't match the statements so I am a little confused whether I am reading it right.

GET TO THE POINT!
    There are also different kinds of charges yet I cant seem to find out all the differences of them and which ones I can actually claim. I know that different banks call there charges differently.

Please help what can I can I claim and whats the difference of these charges.

Examples of this and any others you know about.

Arranged Overdraft interest
    Un-arranged overdraft interest
    Monthly un-arranged o/d usage fee
    Paid transaction fee
    Unpaid Transaction fee
    Paid item fee
    Interest charge
    Unpaid interest debit fee

Please help.

Natalie:)
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Rikku1300 wrote: »
    Hi

I wrote to Nationwide with a £10.00 cheque requesting for my last 6 years bank statements from all address and cards. They wrote back telling me this was in process. Then two weeks later I get my statements. GREAT!

As I looked through my statements it seemed more complicated then I thought. My overdraft statements don't match the statements so I am a little confused whether I am reading it right.

GET TO THE POINT!
    There are also different kinds of charges yet I cant seem to find out all the differences of them and which ones I can actually claim. I know that different banks call there charges differently.

Please help what can I can I claim and whats the difference of these charges.

Examples of this and any others you know about.

Arranged Overdraft interest
    Un-arranged overdraft interest
    Monthly un-arranged o/d usage fee
    Paid transaction fee
    Unpaid Transaction fee
    Paid item fee
    Interest charge
    Unpaid interest debit fee

Please help.

Natalie:)

Help?

I would suggest you refer to current articles rather than referring to historical comments, some of which originate even before the Supreme Court ruling in 2009 ;)

The current guide to reclaiming bank charges can be found here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges

As it says:
    Yet reclaiming the up-to-£35 a pop charges for breaching your overdraft is now primarily for those in financial hardship.

and
    Q. What charges can I try to reclaim?
    We're talking about charges and related costs for going beyond your overdraft limit, or bounced cheques and direct debits. Traditionally these were about £35 per transaction, but can now range from around £5 up to £35.

Bank account monthly fees for packaged accounts are not part of this (but may be reclaimable under different circumstances, see the Reclaim Packaged Accounts guide). The rules are also different for credit cards, see the Credit Card Reclaiming guide. You may also want to see the Bank Charges Comparison tool to see how your bank's charges compare.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure