Anyone else having problems with Barclays online banking this morning?

Options

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GoPD wrote: »
    Are those names customisable, I didn't see that anywhere on the page? and what effect with changing my account details have on my accounts?
    If I do have to rename my accounts in order to be able to differentiate between them, presumably with account numbers so we will know which is which? then why not just display the account numbers, like the old site and every other online banking website I've seen does.
    Surely showing an account number on a page dealing with account transfers is basic common sense?

I've customised my account names as soon as each one is set up; I call the joint current Joint Current, savings is Savings, hobby account is Race a/c, first ISA is ISA #1, latest ISA is Loyalty Reward ISA, you get the idea.
    I have a feeling that Barclays do this because normal people cannot easily remember up to 6 8-digit numbers and what each one is for. :T

Here's a clue - if you look in the blue bar labelled My Accounts on the home page you'll see a button labelled 'edit' - guess what it does.:T
    The old site worked in exactly the same way in respect of identifying 'from' and 'to' accounts for funds transfer, I've used some of these names for years. TBQH I really don't understand what your problem is, unless:
    you're confused and you're not with Barclays but some other online bank (or you're a troll) :rotfl:

ETA - one thing I didn't like about the new logon was the need to put the last FIVE digits of the card number, when it used to be four. However today I see it has reverted to four, yippee ! Well done Barclays.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • lofielectronic
    Options
    I've been trying to send them an email for a week now.

The contact form on the main website seems to just go araound in a big circle but never lets you actually send one, it just redirects to the online banking log in and then your message is gone and you have to start over?

Is this just me? Dread having to try to contact them via phone such is the service there.

Maybe I'll try a diffrent browser...
  • lofielectronic
    Options
    Nope, same problem in firefox.

Suppose I could write to them...
  • GoPD
    GoPD Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Here's a clue - if you look in the blue bar labelled My Accounts on the home page you'll see a button labelled 'edit' - guess what it does.:T
    The old site worked in exactly the same way in respect of identifying 'from' and 'to' accounts for funds transfer, I've used some of these names for years. TBQH I really don't understand what your problem is, unless:
    you're confused and you're not with Barclays but some other online bank (or you're a troll) :rotfl:

ETA - one thing I didn't like about the new logon was the need to put the last FIVE digits of the card number, when it used to be four. However today I see it has reverted to four, yippee ! Well done Barclays.

You really are quite rude aren't you, is this where I'm supposed to ask if you work for the bank yourself?

Thank you for your help though. I've never given my bank accounts names before with Barclays or my other bank so I had no idea I was expected to do this in order to be able to transfer funds.

I'm very glad you are happy with Barclays service though, they must be doing something right.
  • mgdavid
    Options
    it's not rocket science....
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stoutyuk wrote: »
    YOUR SITE SUCKS A BIG ONE: -
    1. Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue.
    Enjoy your millions !!!!!!:money:

It isn't the site that sucks big time, it's your post that does. You have been given an explanation as to why you cannot post links.
  • Audiofan
    Options
    Following a successful login to Barclays online with IE9 and IE10 I am having trouble for the last week accessing my transactions. Barclays say they are aware and are working on it.
    Firefox has no such problem - Anyone else complained to Barclays ?
  • habugg
    habugg Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems accessing Barclays? All I get for 4 days now is a white page with the grey Barclays little eagles with a message about technical difficulties. I have phoned them and they day it is my ISP! I can access everything else on the next and other banks so am suspecting the issue lies with Barclays. Just wondered if anyone has had the same and got any solutions?
  • mgdavid
    Options
    habugg wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems accessing Barclays? All I get for 4 days now is a white page with the grey Barclays little eagles with a message about technical difficulties. I have phoned them and they day it is my ISP! I can access everything else on the next and other banks so am suspecting the issue lies with Barclays. Just wondered if anyone has had the same and got any solutions?

No problems here, I've been on twice a day this week, no issues.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No problems for me, it's probably your browser. Try a different one, perhaps Chrome if you don't use it already. If that works clear your browser cache and any Barclays cookies and try it again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure