Anyone else having problems with Barclays online banking this morning?

Options

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bert82 wrote: »
    I've been having trouble ever since they "updated" their website to a "We think you are Idiots" format, where by there are big buttons, drop down tab menus, bold writing everywhere & everything takes ages to load.
    This is because Text doesn't need to load as much data as silly big baby Blocks with words on them.

What makes it worse is that I phoned them to enquire as to their pithy excuse for this move, & I got the age-old clich! of getting through to a girl whose first language is not English. Then she put me on hold without letting choose not to, & transferred me to their Online team! Which is just a joke.. You just listen to a loop of un-favoured music for as long as you can take it! At which point I gave up!
    I've gone down this route before & know for a fact that no one ever gets anywhere, your complaint never gets noted, & the person speaking to you is more concerned about when lunch break is than your stress of using their online.. Well, I can hardly call them facilities.

Barclays don't care about customers. Only money.
    I hate these call centres, as they give us no respect. It's designed with dead ends at every turn, stupid long ques, people you can barely understand, & if you are lucky enough to get one of their local welsh staff - they are reading from a script anyway. I may as well just talk to my dog!

Now that's off my chest, I'm off to do more important things than wait for a multi-million pound banks website to load. And to think we bailed these idiots out!
    :mad:

"updated" their website to a "We think you are Idiots" format"
    aha, they found one! 'We' didn't bail Barclays out with a single penny - they didn't and don't need it.
    You can of course exercise your choice and move your account elsewhere - that would result in one fewer timewaster and thus an even more efficient bank for the satisfied customers.:T
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • norton2000
    norton2000 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Bert82 wrote: »
    I've been having trouble ever since they "updated" their website to a "We think you are Idiots" format, where by there are big buttons, drop down tab menus, bold writing everywhere & everything takes ages to load.
    This is because Text doesn't need to load as much data as silly big baby Blocks with words on them.

What makes it worse is that I phoned them to enquire as to their pithy excuse for this move, & I got the age-old clich! of getting through to a girl whose first language is not English. Then she put me on hold without letting choose not to, & transferred me to their Online team! Which is just a joke.. You just listen to a loop of un-favoured music for as long as you can take it! At which point I gave up!
    I've gone down this route before & know for a fact that no one ever gets anywhere, your complaint never gets noted, & the person speaking to you is more concerned about when lunch break is than your stress of using their online.. Well, I can hardly call them facilities.

Barclays don't care about customers. Only money.
    I hate these call centres, as they give us no respect. It's designed with dead ends at every turn, stupid long ques, people you can barely understand, & if you are lucky enough to get one of their local welsh staff - they are reading from a script anyway. I may as well just talk to my dog!

Now that's off my chest, I'm off to do more important things than wait for a multi-million pound banks website to load. And to think we bailed these idiots out!
    :mad:

I'm also having trouble with the drop-down menu on the memorial name ( letters ) during login on both my Ipod touch and HTC Desire as only A to F shows, and I cannot see anyway of extending the menu.

Everything works fine on both my PCs
  • GoPD
    GoPD Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I have been trying to contact them this morning. Their email form seems to redirect to online banking login when you try to submit it(I'm not sure if it is supposed to) and their complaint form also doesn't work.

Don't get me started on the redesigned website, especially the funds transfer screen where they don't include account numbers or account types only the account holders name - which is the same on all my five accounts.

I too am fed up with the way they seem to make contacting them as difficult for their customers as is possible, I will be looking at other banking options I think.
  • GoPD
    Options
    Just to add I am also getting the;

5 - Sorry - Barclays Online Banking is currently unavailable

Both when I try to email them a complaint and when I try to login.
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    worked fine for me just now
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Jennifer_Jane
    Jennifer_Jane Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just logged on this minute and it seems fine, but did have problems yesterday evening. Got through to the second page for the memorable word to be told there was an error. Very frustrating!

Am on laptop, but as I say, did have problems last night.
  • mgdavid
    Options
    GoPD wrote: »
    ........Don't get me started on the redesigned website, especially the funds transfer screen where they don't include account numbers or account types only the account holders name - which is the same on all my five accounts.........

you might like to express yourself better; the funds transfer between your own accounts does clearly list all accounts by account name (not holder). And those names are customisable by you to whatever you want to name them.

The 'make a payment' to someone else also gives a dropdown menu listing your accounts by account name.

It really couldn't be simpler, even if it's not idiot-proof :rotfl::rotfl:
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • GoPD
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    you might like to express yourself better; the funds transfer between your own accounts does clearly list all accounts by account name (not holder). And those names are customisable by you to whatever you want to name them.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Are those names customisable, I didn't see that anywhere on the page? and what effect with changing my account details have on my accounts?

If I do have to rename my accounts in order to be able to differentiate between them, presumably with account numbers so we will know which is which? then why not just display the account numbers, like the old site and every other online banking website I've seen does.

Surely showing an account number on a page dealing with account transfers is basic common sense?
  • richbeth
    richbeth Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just a note for those who seem to have issues. I've found that the site can be unreliable if using Firefox but works fine with Internet Explorer.

Richard
  • mgdavid
    Options
    richbeth wrote: »
    just a note for those who seem to have issues. I've found that the site can be unreliable if using Firefox but works fine with Internet Explorer.

Richard

I've been on Firefox for years, use Barc online several times a week - no problems (must be lucky, huh?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure