18910111214»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    edited 28 November 2013 at 8:19AM
    Hi,

I received two letters from 1st credit at the same time today. Two identical letters in every way. The contact number is 01737 235240, so they must have stopped charging people a lot for contacting them.

I read through all the posts here and wont be replying as people keep saying. I've been living in China for the past 8 years and have only just got back, so not sure what debt they are talking about. At the beginning of this month I was put onto the voting register and I think that's where they got my details from.

So far no phone calls, but what is worrying me is can they harm my parents credit ratings or anything? I'm currently living at my parents house, hence the worrying!

I don't think I had any debt when I left the UK in 2005, but its got me worrying now... I had a Halifax account I didn't close, but when I got back I opened a new account with Halifax and all was fine.

What should I do?

Many Thanks

Presumably the letters don't say what they are pursuing?

When they do make a definite accusation, that is the time to send them a prove-it letter.

If it does turn out to be a debt from 2005 it will probably be statute barred.

Parents credit files will be unaffected but keep an eye on yours.
  • fatbelly wrote: »
    Presumably the letters don't say what they are pursuing?

When they do make a definite accusation, that is the time to send them a prove-it letter.

If it does turn out to be a debt from 2005 it will probably be statute barred.

Parents credit files will be unaffected but keep an eye on yours.

Ok, thank you for the quick reply! I have warned my parents about them calling. Now I will wait for a definite accusation. Is there a way I can watch my credit rating for free or do I have to pay for those services that check it?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    https://www.noddle.co.uk/

I'm not a huge fan of them but it is free and is ok for what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure