£25 hobbs gift card with Red magazine

Options

Comments

• shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    The Solihull SA was lovely - she just said I needed a different address and knew it wasn't my own. Mr shoe was asked for a postcode only but I wasn't. Anyway the T&Cs don't say one per household so use a fake name and your address or chose a house number that doesn't exist. I'm doing my street but number 13 as we only have 12 in our close.
  • Pacha
    Pacha Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    I Just got of the phone after calling HOBB'S customer service, the lady i spoke too was very understanding & helpful, and confirmed you can use as many card's as you wish BUT its just one PER TRANSACTION, i told her of my experience in the Leicester shop, she took my detail's and is going to call the branch to tell them, that they have to accept the card's ,
    so spend away everyone :D
    if anyone has any problem's like myself, please give them a call, she also said HOBB'S cannot change their T&C's now, which is different to what the person told me in the store, shame HOBB'S employ people who lie !!
    :wave:

• lydias
    lydias Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2011 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Daughter just had a very bad experience at Guildford, after our very good one at Reading at the weekend.

Edit just spoke to Head Office who were charming and confirmed above

A huge thank you to all who post the comps and deals that make life so much fun!
  • RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no, what happened?

It's so strange that peeps are reporting such a mixture of experiences!
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
  • Pacha
    Pacha Posts: 296 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2011 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Shoe*gal,
    the Hobb's at Leicester is 'just' Hobb's, they have no NW3 which is a shame as i prefer it, think i may take a trip to the Nott's branch to spend my other 2 card's,

Lydias, sorry your daughter had a bad experience as myself, but pleased you called customer service's, i think the more that do that the better , i do wonder why each store is different though, maybe Hobb's need to inform their staff a bit better !
    :wave:

• lydias
    lydias Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2011 at 5:27PM
    Options
    They basically said she was trying it on and refused to let her use 3 cards in separate transactions.

According to Head Office they have now been re-trained so Guildford should be OK in the future.

Pacha thanks for the suggestion - Head Office were very good and said she could go straight back there- think she will wait a few days though.

A huge thank you to all who post the comps and deals that make life so much fun!
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Went into Birmingham City Centre store today with my 15 yr old DD and her friend, and despite walking round and round and round for what seemed an embarrasingly long time (considering its not such a large store!), couldnt find the camisole tops anywhere! In desperation I came clean to the SA that we were looking for the cami tops so that the gilrs could take them on thier hols, and askied if they had any because the girls both had vouchers. I was so pleaseantly surprised at her attitude! She said more or less everyone is in the same situation that comes into the store- looking for the cami tops as they had the voucher to use! She said that they had a couple tucked away throughout the store, and promptly went and showed us where they were! And apologised(!) that they only had 2 colours left!! The girls paid for them with the gift cards and the SA on the till said that it was an amazing deal! Too flippin' true! Amazing deal and amazing SA's! I just wish that I had the money to shop there all the time as the SA's were just so darned nice! They could've looked down thier noses at us once I had told them we were looking for the cheapest item to use our cards on but instead they went out of their way to help!
    Well done Hobbs for such a brilliant deal and such well trained and fantastic SA's! (Sorry others havent had such good experiences btw)
    And a BIG thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • louise3965
    Options
    Went to York on Sunday and the SA was lovely. Bought a navy and cream LS stripey top and a NW3 t shirt with ducks on it. They wrapped the items beautifully and were so helpful it was a pleasure. I paid £14 difference but the quality and whole experience was fabulous.
    Cogito ergo sum. Google it you lazy sod !!
  • researcher
    researcher Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been into the Birmingham branch and the SA's are fab - confirmed you can use as many as you wish, but one per transaction.
  • lynne1966
    Options
    I have six voucher cards burning a hole in my purse at the moment and have used 5 so far in Birmingham branch. There was a woman in front of me who spent £700 - and had no vouchers! Birmingham staff are great - will be going in again soon.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure