PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Salski,

Hospital food...Yes free but disgusting! Bet you're excited though now!!
    Staring point of debt £23,343:mad:
    £12245 4/7/11:j
  • madkoi
    madkoi Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can someone explain about 2nd purse things? I dont really understand!

Since registering to this forum ( I am a newbee!) I have -
    1) Made Carrot & coriander soup & put some in the freezer to take to work next week,
    2) Made some pizza dough & froze that too.
    3) Kept all my receipts to keep a conscious eye on what I spend for the monthly Grocery Challenge.
    4) Posted my budget on Debt free wannabe & looked at areas where I can reduce my outgoings!
    5) Lowered my phone bill by £5 per month by changing the tariff!

God I love this site! A little addicted maybe.......
    :jFRUGAL WANNABE! SAVING FOR AUSTRALIA 2015!

May 2013 Vegas Wedding baby! :happylove
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wanted to say I made one of the sausage casserole recipes from the recipe index (the one with paprika and dried chilli) and it was lovely. Many thanks!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • martafdz
    martafdz Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    I can't remember who said that crisps were too expensive sometimes but Asd@ has an offer of 2 packets of 24 Walker crisps (so a total of 48 bags) for £5, which is around 11p each bag. :)
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Wow ..its started already!!! :D Ok can I please be put down for £180 for this month. Thats for me and my 3 little beans (although not so little really:eek: my eldest is 5"10) 2 dogs , 2 cats and all my cleaning stuff!

I have just done an online shop for Tuesday with Sainsbugs and it totals £55 and is my big shop. The next 3 shops should just be top ups! I will update when I get my actual bill;)
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    When I was last in a@da, I got some whoopsied parsley. Should've been £1.17 for 100g, and I paid 15p! Just finished cutting it up and freezing it. I LOVE parsley sauce! It was enough for 4 bags, so I'm really chuffed with that.

NSD today, although really tempted to go to sains. Haven't been there for about 3 weeks now! Managed not to though, which means my declaration for jan is still intact.

Something is going on in my house which hasn't happened in years. I only have one toilet roll left in the cupboard! Look at me living on the edge! I've been waiting til the Feb budget comes into force to get some, along with a few other bits. Sounds sad, but I'm really quite proud of myself, as I'm very much a stockpiling hoarder!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Bethfly
    Bethfly Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi all, well i've attempted this month to just do one big shop to last the whole month!! Went shopping today and spent £81 of my £100 budget!!! Which means I have £19 left for fresh weeklies, technically 6.30 a week!! Should be possible shouldn't it??? Think i'll be digging out the breadmaker and searching for cheap fruit and veg!!
    Going to leave all my cash cards (and credit card) at home so i'm not tempted by ANYTHING!!!
    Here goes....
    Jan NSD 3/31
    Feb NSD 4/28
    Feb GC £95/£100
    Proud wife and mummy to 2 trying to keep the house together
    and tackle the debt mountain!!!
  • laloopi
    laloopi Posts: 122 Forumite
    Despite definitely coming in way over budget for Jan (not declaring yet as there's still tomorrow), I'm going to shoot for the same target again in Feb and try much harder!

So please put me down for £250.
    Must get organised and rejoin grocery challenge!
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yeah can I be signed up again please? £160 for the month. We came around £20 under budget in the end but still want to keep it as £160 cos that in itself is saving us ££££S a month!

Also wanted to say we both enjoyed doing the challenge in January, made us feel much more in control and we have eaten some really nice meals, the sausage and cannalini bean hot pot from the original jan thread was especially yummy, balsamic beef for tomorrow :)
    Squirrelling away in September No 33
    It's not about the money, it's about financial freedom, being in control of it and living in the natural world and not a material world
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Evening -
    Asd@ are doing Basmati Rice 5kg for £5 {in the aisle for foods from other countries] it comes in a bag - this is a very good price for Basmati Rice.
    They also have Andrex Loo Rolls on offer for £6 [think it was a pack of 16 but can't check as they are in the garage and car is in front of garage!!]
    L1dl have 160 box of Typhoo for £1.91
    L1dl have Thirst Pocket Kitchen Roll [pack of 3] for £1.29

Its been a no spend day here - very unusual - just told DH that all I'm buying this week is fruit, veg and pack up bits - he swallowed loudly lol

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills