Debts, House, Wedding.......

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Update on yesterdays list....
    • check online banking (nope)
    • make an overpayment (1p or more pending banking) to a debt (nope)
    • eat sensibly (ish)
    • 30 mins minimum exercise (opted for lazing in sun :o)
    • wash & dry two loads of washing (done)
    • tidy away washing from weekend (done)
    • start sorting boxes remaining in spare room (done)
    Not a great start to my to-do-lists....seems i'm very good at avoiding the money side of things....the term bury head in sand is coming to mind....best stop that in it's tracks!

• Choc-addict
    Options
    Todays little list of things to do....
    • wash and dry bedding
    • check online banking
    • make overpayment towards a debt
    • 30 mins exercise
    That's it for today, smaller list and hopefully i'll achieve all of them this time!

Have a good day x
  • Jules28
    Jules28 Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Choc,

I've just been catching up on your diary whilst kidding on I am working :)

How exciting planning a wedding, I think you are doing really well dealing with your debts (and getting shot of as much as you can) whilst planning it.

I have subscribed now and will keep uptodate on how your planning and debt busting is going.

Jules x
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of debt have you actually added it up? I got to 30k and then stopped:eek:

So well done on trying to get a handle on it now. Whilst I applaud you taking lots of stuff to the charity stuff, charity begins at home and with things going on ebay to pay off debts?

good luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Jules28 wrote: »
    Hi Choc,

I've just been catching up on your diary whilst kidding on I am working :)

How exciting planning a wedding, I think you are doing really well dealing with your debts (and getting shot of as much as you can) whilst planning it.

I have subscribed now and will keep uptodate on how your planning and debt busting is going.

Jules x

Hey Jules, welcome to my diary....tad boring but hoping i'll get into the swing of things and start making a difference! :D
    chevalier wrote: »
    Wow that is a lot of debt have you actually added it up? I got to 30k and then stopped:eek:

So well done on trying to get a handle on it now. Whilst I applaud you taking lots of stuff to the charity stuff, charity begins at home and with things going on ebay to pay off debts?

good luck
    chev

Hi Chev,

Thanks! It's approx 34k at the moment and when I started out in 2007 it was just over 64k so getting there....slowly but surely! By the end of this year it'll be sub 28k through basic payments alone so i'm hoping to add to that and get it even lower.

Yep, you're right probably should have e-bayed but to be honest and as bad as it sounds ebay is just not my thing....and now after the de-clutter I have nothing to ebay anyway!
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Note to self....take a peak at payment a day thread....
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Choc

I am thinking of joining the payment a day thread. Will have a looksie later :D

You debt is dropping really well. Well done on the decluttering.

I am thinking of using facebook 'Items for sale' pages for things like my girls bikes and stuff. No fees then. I have lost patience with selling small items.

Selling my CD's to Music Magpie though - Should get about £50 on there. xx
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    HI! hope you don't mind me dropping in, your diary name grabbed me! I too am in debt, planning a wedding and we are trying to buy our first house together!

I have subscribed so hoping we can keep each other on track.

Payment a Day thread is fantastic - has really helped me - give it a go! 1p a day is £365 a year overpayment!!

I am thinking of starting a diary too well maybe after a cup of tea!
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    MinniMe wrote: »
    HI! hope you don't mind me dropping in, your diary name grabbed me! I too am in debt, planning a wedding and we are trying to buy our first house together!

I have subscribed so hoping we can keep each other on track.

Payment a Day thread is fantastic - has really helped me - give it a go! 1p a day is £365 a year overpayment!!

I am thinking of starting a diary too well maybe after a cup of tea!

Hi MinniMe!

Exciting times ahead for you! Funny seeing how you put that in writing re the 1p a day.....i've never thought of it like that. Thanks!!

Def up for keeping each other on track, I need all the help I can get! When are you getting married?

I'll keep a look out for your diary.

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Afternoon Choc

I am thinking of joining the payment a day thread. Will have a looksie later :D

You debt is dropping really well. Well done on the decluttering.

I am thinking of using facebook 'Items for sale' pages for things like my girls bikes and stuff. No fees then. I have lost patience with selling small items.

Selling my CD's to Music Magpie though - Should get about £50 on there. xx

Thanks lovely. I feel i'm slowly getting there....takes so long but I will do it! Lets both pop over to payment a day....think it'll help.

Today opened a cashcard acc with bank so that I can keep spending money separate. Hopefully that'll help with all the random spends and keep me on track!

Choc x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport