Debts, House, Wedding.......

Options
Another new diary from me :o (sorry!) I won't bore anyone with introductions :)

Just feel like i'm starting a new and exciting chapter of my life so want to start afresh all round including my debt busting. Last year was an amazing year for me, we bought our first house and just before Christmas my OH shocked me by proposing and we are to be married on 28/04/12 :j:j

So, lots to be getting on with but I don't want to forget the dreaded debts which I know I could easily do in blissful wedding planning :o and I also want to start married life with as little debt as possible! Quite how I am going to do this, I don't know, but I will find a way and need this site and my virtual friends to help me along the way.

I'm going to total up my debts over the next few days and hopefully work out some kind of plan which basically I think will be work hard, earn more and spend less - simples! ;)

Today isn't going to be a good day money wise as have dentist trip and know that he is going to suggest booking me in for root canal and then a crown ....... = £££'s :(:(:( Hey ho, got to be done - have to have my nashers nice for wedding :D

Right back to business, that thing called work. Have a good day all.

Choc xx

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Morning diary,

Well yesterday trip to dentist was expensive £198 but hey ho these things happen and just reminds me that I need to budget better for such occassions - something I am sitting down over this weekend to think about.

Today is a good day, I am working overtime so that'll be extra pay in March and working tomorrow too :D

Rest of weekend -
    • Pack away washing that has dried
    • Check online banking
    • Work out budget for remainder of month
    • Check cupboards and freezer - write shopping list
    • Work out some kind of plan of action
    Little things but got to be done. Also need to decide on colour for kitchen to freshen it up. We were planning on re-doing it but obviously we can't now given pending wedding costs etc so will have to just paint it and leave as it is until such times as we've enough money saved to do it. Hmmm, sometimes I hate this money business. That said, I got myself into it and i'm not afraid of the hard work to get myself out of it.

Have a good day all.

Choc x
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new diary! I've been avoiding going to the dentists for ages, because I'm worried about the cost :( think I need some serious work doing though so i'll try and register somewhere soon so I can go in April which is bonus month :o
    Probably a sensible idea to wait until after the wedding for the kitchen, if you can live with it until then. You can only save for so many things at once, and it would be a shame to feel you'd had to scrimp on things for the wedding, after all you're only going to do it once ;)
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    Happy new diary! I've been avoiding going to the dentists for ages, because I'm worried about the cost :( think I need some serious work doing though so i'll try and register somewhere soon so I can go in April which is bonus month :o
    Probably a sensible idea to wait until after the wedding for the kitchen, if you can live with it until then. You can only save for so many things at once, and it would be a shame to feel you'd had to scrimp on things for the wedding, after all you're only going to do it once ;)

Hey!

I hate the dentist with a passion, never mind got to be a grown up and get it done. Difference this time is that I did have the money to pay for it in full there and then, there was a time when I wouldn't have been able to do that so I guess that's progress??:)

Def going to leave the kitchen until after although my Mums partner has said he will take off the old tiles for us and replace them with some fresh white ones if we like, he can do the work and they'll only cost about £30 to buy. I'm liking that idea as it'll just freshen it up and then we can paint - will feel like semi new and we can consider new kitchen units and appliances another day! Quite excited now! :j

On another note did overtime yest = 5hrs extra in the bank for March payday. Supposed to be doing it today but waiting for call back as systems are playing up. I hope they sort it and it doesn't get cancelled :(

Really on a mission at the moment so don't want anything getting in my way! Funny how motivation such as wedding/house things can give you the kick you need!

Off to do online banking in a mo, OH needs to transfer £146 back to my account so that'll be a nice little boost thats very much needed right now!!!

Have a good day all,

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Somewhat been neglecting my MSE duties, this weekend will be time to check on balances, figures, updates etc...... to be continued......
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Well as expected things aren't looking that great, overtime is drying up at work and hours are longer...same old thing, diff day. Need to find my mojo re debts and get back into this properly!

1st goal of getting back on track hitting the supermarket with a list and keeping to it.....will report back tonight once home.

Have a good day all x
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Clearly I have been no good at keeping up my own diary or indeed anything of late :o

It's been a busy start to the year, everything has been up in air for one reason or another, family, work, holidays, house.....work......oh and did I mention work?? Feel like i'm coming out the other side and my head is in the right place now to work at making the rest of this year about sorting the house, getting on top of the debts and most of all planning our very special wedding day for next year! :D

Todays aims -
    • No spend day
    • Check online banking
    • Prep work clothes as in office for London tom which = 5am rise :eek:
    • Early night
    Starting off simple and aim to increase as I go along. This is most def going to be an organisational/debt/wedding planner diary from now on.

Positive today - remembered to take chicken out of freezer so dinner will be chicken and pasta dish with some peppers, mushrooms which are to be used up in fridge. Already getting back into my MSE ways :money:

Choc x
  • crapwithcash82
    crapwithcash82 Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :wave: Hello and welcome back! I get a bit like that with my diaries too, have started several then get side tracked big time! Never mind, we all do it and we'll all get there in the end I'm sure!

I too have some debts to get rid of before my wedding, which isn't until June 2013, so I have 23 and a bit months to turn it around! Will subscribe to your diary and hopefully help you to stay motivated!

Have you booked all the important things for your wedding yet? We've only booked our venue and thats it so far!
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    :wave: Hello and welcome back! I get a bit like that with my diaries too, have started several then get side tracked big time! Never mind, we all do it and we'll all get there in the end I'm sure!

I too have some debts to get rid of before my wedding, which isn't until June 2013, so I have 23 and a bit months to turn it around! Will subscribe to your diary and hopefully help you to stay motivated!

Have you booked all the important things for your wedding yet? We've only booked our venue and thats it so far!

Hey there!

Sounds as though you are the same as me, very good at starting them but not keeping them going. Hopefully that'll change!

Wow, that'll be great to clear your debts before your wedding. Sadly I know that's not possible for me as only 10 months to go but i'll make the effort to get them into shape and look better before we get married alongside paying for the wedding also :eek:

Where is it you are getting married? Exciting times! We've booked church, venue, photographer, cars and catering is sorted. That's it though so a LOT to do in the next 10 months. I'm not paniking yet though as have a fab husband to be and a strong army of bridesmaids along side this diary and my mse friends here to keep me sane and see me through :p

Choc x
  • crapwithcash82
    crapwithcash82 Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey there!

Sounds as though you are the same as me, very good at starting them but not keeping them going. Hopefully that'll change!

Wow, that'll be great to clear your debts before your wedding. Sadly I know that's not possible for me as only 10 months to go but i'll make the effort to get them into shape and look better before we get married alongside paying for the wedding also :eek:

Where is it you are getting married? Exciting times! We've booked church, venue, photographer, cars and catering is sorted. That's it though so a LOT to do in the next 10 months. I'm not paniking yet though as have a fab husband to be and a strong army of bridesmaids along side this diary and my mse friends here to keep me sane and see me through :p

Choc x

Ha ha, yes it definately needs to change! I'm also very good at having plans to rid myself of debt, which fall by the wayside and never seem to come to much, but this time I am determined - its got to go!! I get so envious of people who have spare money, just to do simple things like fill my car right up with petrol, or not have to add up what I'm spending going round Asda, or buy my kids new clothes from Next without feeling guilty!!

We are getting married at a lovely country house hotel, I will pm you a link later! That is literally all I have done so far, as I want to get my finances sorted out first, before I go and start spending what I don't have all over again!! LoL

Thats good that you have a good support network of bridesmaids etc, I only have one and its my 21 year old sister, who has already started with her lists of "I'm not doing this, that and the next thing!" The Joys!
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Choc i thought you had just disappeared!! Didnt realise you had a new diary!!!

(It's littlekel by the way-not sure if i have chatted to you on here with my new name!!)

I hope things are going well with wedding planning!

I have been so side tracked with the wedding and studies that i have neglected my debt busting- infact i have added to it :mad: which is to be expected i suppose.

I have a new post marriage diary but havent posted in it for a while. You have inspired me to update it tonight!! :D

xxxx
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure