We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The One Plan on 3 is it false advertising?
Comments
-
If you look at the "plan details" for the One Plan with all you can eat data there is no FUP mentioned. I would imagine that this will remain the case until it gets seriously abused and an FUP will be put in place. In turn, that will set off a whole series of threads on here from people wanting to know how they can get out of their contract (again).If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
> :T0 -
Can you find that in writing.
All companies used to advertise UNLIMITED with a fair use policy in place. As I mentioned earlier the ASA say it's OK to say "all you can eat" with a set actual limit in place as long as its stated in the small print, and the mobile companies argument is most customers do not hit that limit so for them it really is all they can eat.
I know that seems backwards but no company can afford to give people completly unlimited data, there has to be a fair use policy inplace.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-119987930 -
Perhaps op has made a mistake as he has not responded to any of the replies that have been posted.???0
-
Similar problem to the original poster. Except I took the add-on to be a recommendation (spotify using a lot of data etc).
Data is definitely "all-you-can-eat" they have sent me several letters stating that it's just taking time to transfer the wording over. Unless they charge you I wouldn't worry.
Spotify isn't included. When I got my phone I couldn't figure out how to set it up so I contacted their incompetent customer services and they were about as clued up as I was. I contacted their head offices and made it clear I was cancelling unless they provided me with the services I bought and gave them two weeks to do so. I still don't have Spotify but they have give me money off my contract to compensate for it. Which as much (as I was looking forward to ad free spotify) I would prefer overall.0 -
What is spotify0
-
Ive got the One Plan on SIM only and Im sure it said 1GB data. However I went into the shop a week or so later and it was advertising all you can eat.
This is what my 'Check My Usage' on my3 says - Still to use this month - Internet (Mbs) 1001. (And I have my internet on more or less constantly - but my phone - Sony Ericsson Cedar - is pretty basic so dont do tethering or anything like that)*The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.200 -
The one plan with "all you can eat data" only came out mid December,so I would of thought the previous data limit on the one plan would not be switched over to the current data allowance .???????0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
