Groupon - non fulfilled voucher - refund in Groupon credits!

Options
1235»

Comments

• mrsp80
    mrsp80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I got a refund to my credit card when I wrote to them within 7 days of purchase. I just e-mailed them and eventually got the money back. Have always found some good bargains on Groupon!
  • Atomik1
    Atomik1 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I too have had problems being offered 'credits' rather than my money back when a restaurant simply refused to honour our voucher.

I called to book a table and advised the gentleman over the phone I had a Groupon voucher, this was all accepted and we were booked in for a few days time. But a few minutes later another staff member rang me back on my home number to say they were actually going to cancel our table as they were no longer prepared to accept anymore Groupon voucher bookings as they had reached what they considered to be their 'quota'. They told me to just call Groupon and get my money back & that's as far as they would help.

I emailed Groupon who said that unless I got written proof from the restaurant that they were not prepared to take the booking they would only give me credits rather than a cash refund. If I get it in writing, I get my money. I have tried getting the restaurant to confirm their decision in writing with no success as yet. It is unlikely I will hear from them again.

I was therefore surprised to see their 'rep' on here saying that it was NOT normal practice to refund in this manner (using credits). I will try emailing the mse address (if it is still valid?) to see what they say...
  • cfwrodrigues
    Options
    In February, I bought a voucher from Groupon for IPL from a company named IPL Manchester. A few days later I contacted the company and they told me that I was not suitable for treatment and they were going to email Groupon so they could organise my refund. A week later I contacted Groupon and they told me that they hadn't received anything from their 'partner'. I contacted the company again- they told me the same thing, went back to goupon and they told me they still didn't have the email from the partner. Last week I tried the company again to chase this email, only to learn that they have closed the business. I have sent several emails to Groupon but now they are just ignoring my emails. What else can I do?
    Thanks,
  • GrouponUK_company_representative
    GrouponUK_company_representative Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi everyone, we want to do all we can to help. If you have emailed support regarding this what's your email address or ticket reference number received in the subject line of our automated email so we can ask customer service to email you back individually regarding this? Please post it below. !Thanks, Groupon UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Groupon UK. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • e_zee_tiger
    Options
    Hi I am still waiting for a response from Groupon re cancelling a voucher - can someone please get back to me???

Ticket #2337051
  • Claire45
    Options
    I'm really annoyed as last year I used Groupon loads, if I hadn't been able to use my voucher and the voucher was past the expiry date they were more than happy to give me a credit refund. I bought two vouchers for a farm visit, we went once and found that we didn't particularly enjoy the experience and didn't feel it was worth the £10 I'd paid, so I asked for a credit refund. The reponse I got was that I hadn't read the small print and was not entitled to a credit refund although I have done this on over 3 occassions previously. So what about the Groupon Promise...taken from their website as quoted;

"
    We are confident in the businesses we feature on Groupon UK and back them with this Groupon UK Promise. If your experience using your Groupon ever lets you down, we will return the purchase price of your Groupon, either as cash or as a Groupon UK Credit. Simple as that. "

I have since read that the small print that has been updated in January 2013, but surely they should be telling current customers somewhere on their website that they have changed/updated them? Is this something that the Office of Fair Trading would be happy about? I have asked for a copy of their complaints procedure as I'm not happy about this, where has my money gone then as it hasn't gone to the Farm where I'd purchased it for!!?
  • noseri
    Options
    Hi

Why are the e-mail I am sending to the e-mail address [EMAIL="mse@groupon.co.uk"]mse@groupon.co.uk[/EMAIL] being rejected. I have a very urgent issue that I need you to handle and I cannot send the e-mail with the details to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure