Groupon - non fulfilled voucher - refund in Groupon credits!

Options

Comments

• bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2011 at 10:26PM
    Options
    I ordered the tooth whitening kit on 23rd Jan and havent received anything, nor have I had a reply to my emails to the whitening company. Have emailed the mse email address and will see what happens. I am still reeling from a very sour and costly online shopping experience so am a bit paranoid about this one!

Chill out, it was only a week ago

edit: hope you dont take that the wrong way, what I meant was probably just busy and don`t worry about it .
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • SuperMum2010
    Options
    bestyman wrote: »
    Chill out, it was only a week ago

edit: hope you dont take that the wrong way, what I meant was probably just busy and don`t worry about it .

Thanks bestyman - I did take it the wrong way at first!

My comment on the thread is based on a very upsetting and stressful internet shopping experience in the last 3 weeks which is still ongoing, which has cost me money and left me worried about my personal security, so I think my concern is justified.

I do think that companies which sell on the internet need to understand that they are selling in a culture where people expect things quicker and for things to be more efficient. But my experience with this purchase and the one that has gone very sour don't reflect the level of service we expect.

I also think that one small acknowledgement email during a 10 day period in these times of automation etc is not too much to ask.

We place a lot of trust in these companies whom we never see and never get to speak to and they often treat us very badly in return.
    Im knitty, Im nutty, but I dont know anyone called Nora. :p
  • SuperMum2010
    Options
    I have just received an email claiming to be from the whitening company asking me to send them a pdf copy of my voucher. The email has no logos or any other information on it apart from my name. How do I know this email is genuine? For all I know I could be sending some complete stranger my voucher for them to use? Any ideas anyone?!
    Im knitty, Im nutty, but I dont know anyone called Nora. :p
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    I'm surprised at all the negative feedback for Groupon as I've always found them very good. I'm glad I popped over here though as I wasn't aware that they now give account credits rather than refunds. I have saved a fortune on beauty treatments, but like everything you have to research the suppliers before buying the vouchers. I've had a couple of 'average' experiences, but also some fantastic ones. Who said moneysaving was a smooth ride?!?!!?

This is really useful, as I too wasn't aware that the refund would be a credit to the Groupon account.
    I have used them twice with no problems, and will use them again in the future:)
  • rachelstephens
    Options
    just wanted to post up a positive experience for a groupon refund. i bought a holiday voucher for a trip to morocco but had a panic that it might all be a con as i had never got anything with groupon before and i was worried about losing my money if it wasn't what it said it was going to be. i emailed them on thursday requesting that they cancel my voucher and asking them to confirm that the refund would be to my credit card. they emailed back the same day to say they had cancelled it and the refund would go to my card. i have just checked and the refund is showing on my credit card account. i have been really impressed with them - the only problem is that i now wish i hadn't cancelled the holiday!!!!
  • tonyadderley
    Options
    I bought two vouchers in January for golf lessons to do with my son.

We booked months ago and emailed the vouchers to the golf professional.

On the day of our joint lesson we got a text from the pro cancelling it.

We subsequently tried to rearrange but as my son is leaving the country for a while, and the guy is now very booked up, we couldnt find a date that worked and the pro told us we could have a refund.

Having asked for a refund, and waited a long time for a reply, I then get told I can only have credits - not money back.

I will now have to ask American Express to sort it out.

The really silly thing is that I had great admiration for the groupon idea and told lots of my friends about it - I guess it's now time to spread the bad news.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Groupon are trying to do a big public stocks and shares IPO launch - but their financial accounting is all a bit up for discussion.., "But, whether or not one thinks Silicon Valley is in the middle of a bubble, Groupon’s IPO is disquieting. The company’s filing is filled with unsettling details about its business model" - this is from the FT http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/65a6ebc4-920b-11e0-b8c1-00144feab49a.html#axzz1Ol6KOPDt

As there's a lot of speculation that theymay be overvaluing themselves massively, I guess they want to keep every pound they think they can get away with. The company spends a fortune of investment capital to look good for the IPO, but has every sign of being dotcombust 2.0 (after fools learned nothing about valuing web companies last time around when it wiped out Marconi and nearly killed BT).
  • rkh2010
    Options
    Hello, I dont know what to do so am hoping someone may be able to offer me some support. I purchased a a hair transplant for 2240gbp via Groupon with the LHTC. Im suffering from hair loss and am young and looking back it wasnt very clever of me to make a purchase so quick and of such a large amount. I did some quick research and the groupon description had a harley street address, they said the initial consultation would be with a registered GMC practitioner. This treatment would be with a doctor with over 10 years experience.

Anyway, the consultation was with a salesman. I got a bad feeling from the start. It was the weekend so i sent groupon an email requesting a refund because this seemed like a scam, the treatment would not be in manchester as the voucher stated instead would be in a dental clinic in fulham? Its been 2 weeks and I have had no response from groupon and its been stressing me out. Groupon also charged me 2240gbp plus 69gbp for not apparent reason. I have been trying their phone lines every day but they seem to be down. I dont know what to do as its such a large amount of money and its turned into a nightmare. Can anyone help me please?
  • ZenUK
    ZenUK Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rkh2010 wrote: »
    Hello, I dont know what to do so am hoping someone may be able to offer me some support. I purchased a a hair transplant for 2240gbp via Groupon with the LHTC. Im suffering from hair loss and am young and looking back it wasnt very clever of me to make a purchase so quick and of such a large amount. I did some quick research and the groupon description had a harley street address, they said the initial consultation would be with a registered GMC practitioner. This treatment would be with a doctor with over 10 years experience.

Anyway, the consultation was with a salesman. I got a bad feeling from the start. It was the weekend so i sent groupon an email requesting a refund because this seemed like a scam, the treatment would not be in manchester as the voucher stated instead would be in a dental clinic in fulham? Its been 2 weeks and I have had no response from groupon and its been stressing me out. Groupon also charged me 2240gbp plus 69gbp for not apparent reason. I have been trying their phone lines every day but they seem to be down. I dont know what to do as its such a large amount of money and its turned into a nightmare. Can anyone help me please?
    try emailing mse@groupon.co.uk
  • agarciat
    agarciat Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 23 October 2011 at 11:02PM
    Options
    Hi there help appreciate it
    The following is my experience. I bought a groupon which was advertise as “getaway” for a for 2 nights and dinner ...sound great no... yeah right ...... until I try to book it and my nightmare starts. Basically they sold 2000 groupon’s and guess what.... no more days beside a Tuesday and a Wednesday and in rooms that are not like the ones advertised.
    Called groupon and and explained the situation, however they gave me vouchers “as a courtesy” regardless I asked for my money back . I am so annoyed and now I have 129 pounds in vouchers that I don't want (and that will expire) and there is nothing besides whitening treatments or Half Head of Highlights... make sure you stay away.
    Please do advise all your friends and family members to stay away from groupon.
    If some know where I can complain and get my money back let me know.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport