We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
faulty vodafone 9 days old
Comments
-
Answer is "No" - most days I don't even like myself!
0 -
7 days is appalling, Orange have a 28 day in store exchange policy, o2 the same I believe. So glad I didn't join vodafone despite the excellent deal I saw with them0
-
Hi all,
Daisydoodle - While I am pleased to read that you were able to get this issue sorted over the phone. I would like to take this chance to apologise for any frustration this has caused. If you wish to discuss your experience at the store further, then please feel free to contact us on the link that Sukhi provided in her last post and we will take a deeper look into this, if you wish.
All - Whilst we have no plans to alter our 7 day return policy at the moment, we will take your feedback on board. Thank you all for your thoughts.
All the best,
Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Vodafone_company_representative wrote: »Hi all,
All - Whilst we have no plans to alter our 7 day return policy at the moment, we will take your feedback on board. Thank you all for your thoughts.
What went wrong with "I hear what you say" as a cliche? Gone out of vogue I suspect.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Both mean the same thing and equate to "We will do b****r all about it".
Well roll on the Law Commission's report coming into fruition.0 -
That ranks along with 'We'll raise it as a training issue' as a means of saying something while doing nothing.0
-
Hi Espi,Vodafone_company_representative wrote: »All - Whilst we have no plans to alter our 7 day return policy at the moment, we will take your feedback on board. Thank you all for your thoughts.
My question still remains ...what do the shop T&C's say is it 7 days or 7 working days and is it 7 days for the fault to appear ???It's not just about the money0 -
If the shop's T&C's state 7 days for faulty exchange (used to be 14 days and prior to that 28 days) then you have to notify the store within 7 days of purchase (not working days) for a refund or exchange. If you want an exchange and the store is out of stock then they would have to honour an exchange outside the 7 days. As for your treatment by the Manager, all I can say is that I am not surprised. Vodafone tell their staff not to accept abuse from customers, unfortunately most staff take this to the limits, so where in the past a customer could air their dissatifaction about the poor quality of service they are now been tagged as someone who is verbally and physically agressive and are threatened with the police being called on them as well as being humiliated by being barred from the store. I'm guessing the Manager didn't want the refund to affect his figures!0
-
Hi Nasher, welcome to the forum.then you have to notify the store within 7 days of purchase (not working days) for a refund or exchange.
The problem here is that it's generaly thought that to try to enforce T&C's to not include "working days" in their conditions is unreasonable and unfair.
ie. If the item was bought Christmas Eve and it fell on a Wed. then its shut Christmas day, Boxing day, Sat, Sun and Bank hol Monday then the window for return is reduced by over 70% down to 2days !!!It's not just about the money0 -
Did you by any chance buy it online? If so, they should give you longer, but you have to call customer services.
My HTC Desire HD from Vodafone died after 9 days. The guys in the Oxford Experience store were pretty unhelpful at first.
Then Vodafone arranged an exchange over the phone, which took 5 days. I asked for the phone to be delivered in store.
The phone never came on the day, so I complained and they did actually give me a new phone!
They are useless...0 -
I am by no means agreeing with Vodafones return policy, 7 days seems very stingey, however, for the OP or anyone else on here to flame the manager for adhering to his company's procedures is being beyond ridiculous, we all have policies to work to in any job, most of which are made far higher up the food chain than the people on the coal face who have to impliment it, whether you agree with the policy or not. As for the manager asking you to leave part, IF you were indeed "creating a stink" on the basis you effectively bully the staff into doing as you wish via embarassment, as some people seem to advocate, then I am not surprised he did that. I am in no way being personal to the OP, so please do not take it personally, I appreciate it is frustrating, but to behave in that way would not get you anywhere, not with anyone in retail. They are simply doing their job. I know in some cases you get people that genuinely couldn't give a sh*t whether you enjoy your shopping experience or not, anyone who says "the customer is always right" has never worked in retail!
CC limits £26000
Long term CC debt £0
Total low rate loan debt £3000
Almost debt free feeling, priceless.
Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
