Statement of reasons and points of law

Options

Comments

• celinepatricia
    Options
    In the OPs post 3 he said he had lost his appeal, when did he lose the tribunal?
    I think by my husbands case where it was shown by a decision maker (in between appeal and tribunal) that he should have been in the support group, and, whatever it was that you said in your reply was wrong.
  • Jock221
    Jock221 Posts: 160 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2011 at 11:02PM
    Options
    Oh it makes perfect sense. Civil servants or pen pushers as otherwise known, take decisions on benefits without having the required qualifications to do so. It's been happening for years haven't you noticed. I was given the opportunity to go to the appeal but was actually having surgery on the same day, otherwise I would have been there. I would find it extremely hard to believe that the appeal board read the 98 pages of doctors letters, scan reports, blood tests etc what's more believable is that they read the penpushers basic report and the reasons why they decided that fibromylgia, Sero negative arthritis, carpal tunnel and a botched shoulder operation were not grounds for getting IB .
  • Jock221
    Options
    In the OPs post 3 he said he had lost his appeal, when did he lose the tribunal?
    I think by my husbands case where it was shown by a decision maker (in between appeal and tribunal) that he should have been in the support group, and, whatever it was that you said in your reply was wrong.

I haven't had a tribunal only an appeal
  • celinepatricia
    Options
    decided my husbands case of renal cancer, post op flank bulge and metastic kidney cancer in lungs deserved nil points as well!! but, heyho thats penpushers for you..
  • Jock221
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    The question has been answered, the only reason you are not satisfied is because you do not agree with the answer. If you cannot understand information solely because you do not agree with it, then you need to be more openminded.

The OP's case has gone past Tribunal - what do you recommend he does?

I haven't had a tribunal when does that happen is this after appeal if I find a point of law or some information that they failed to consider
  • Jock221
    Options
    decided my husbands case of renal cancer, post op flank bulge and metastic kidney cancer in lungs deserved nil points as well!! but, heyho thats penpushers for you..

That's totally shocking and they keep getting away with it. How can they make a decision like that and justify it.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

How does that affect his ability to work? The names of the conditions don't matter.

A tribunal and appeal are the same thing.
    I would find it extremely hard to believe that the appeal board read the 98 pages of doctors letters, scan reports, blood tests etc what's more believable is that they read the penpushers basic report and the reasons why they decided that fibromylgia, Sero negative arthritis, carpal tunnel and a botched shoulder operation were not grounds for getting IB .

see above. You just need to make sure that you meet the criteria for the relevant benefit.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • celinepatricia
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    How does that affect his ability to work? The names of the conditions don't matter.

see above. You just need to make sure that you meet the criteria for the relevant benefit.

Are you for real?? He is on permanent chemotherpy until it stops working and then he will go onto another type of chemo until that stops working, and, if they cannt find one that works.. It is a terminal disease... it can be treated but NOT cured. Until you know what renal cancer is about either read up about it or dont put ill informed posts on this board!
  • celinepatricia
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »

QUOTE]

Do you actually know what you are talking about, they are two different things!
  • Jock221
    Options
    Cancer surely that's a word that would drive fear into any right thinking person. If someone is battling cancer they surely don't need the stress if fighting for benefit and as for work that's extra pressure. Laziness now that's an illness that seems to entitle plenty of people to benefits. Catch yourself on and have at least some humility and compassion I am watching my brother fight terminal cancer and it's not something I would wish to anyone. If the Govt put all their energy into getting the work shy off their butts and leave the cancer patients alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure