Support Each Other In Looking For Work?

Options

Comments

• Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    katkim wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Drea, but at least you got positive feedback :)

I got an interview today, I'm not really prepared! :o Going to read up on their company now.

Yeah, trying to look at it that way.

Good luck with your interview, I think I do better when I'm unprepared :rotfl: I think it's just because I haven't had time to stress about it though. Let us know how it goes :)
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    Drea wrote: »

Although apparently I was a strong candidate and it was between me and another person but she had more relevant experience in a similar role.

I wish I had a pound for every time I've had that said to me, the first time I was really chuffed despite the disappointment but now I'm beginning to suspect it's the latest way of letting people down gently.
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • Drea
    Options
    shikoku wrote: »
    I wish I had a pound for every time I've had that said to me, the first time I was really chuffed despite the disappointment but now I'm beginning to suspect it's the latest way of letting people down gently.

Oi! I'll have you know I am indeed a very strong candidate :rotfl: ;)
  • webitha
    webitha Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    Options
    well ive applied for 137 jobs now had 3 interviews, last one was monday, so waiting to hear about that, but she promised me to know either way by yesterday 5pm, not heard so i presume thats another no.
    the rest ive never heard anything back at all, still onwards and upwards, there is a job for me out there...somewhere....i hope
    If we can put a man on the moon...how come we cant put them all there?

• Drea
    Options
    webitha wrote: »
    well ive applied for 137 jobs now had 3 interviews, last one was monday, so waiting to hear about that, but she promised me to know either way by yesterday 5pm, not heard so i presume thats another no.
    the rest ive never heard anything back at all, still onwards and upwards, there is a job for me out there...somewhere....i hope

Course there is :)

Does anyone keep an up to date spreadsheet of all the jobs they've applied for?

....or am I just insane?
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    Only for the previous two weeks, I print it out instead of using the booklet. Mostly they barely glance at it.
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • webitha
    Options
    i dont know nowt about spread sheets, but i keep a copy of every application form/email app, its getting rather thick now lol

• webitha
    Options
    aaarrgghhh just looked on direct gov and the job i heard nothing back from a few months ago is back on
    i could do it with my bleeding eyes shut, and have done for many years,
    im gonna reapply, lets see if i get anywhere with it this time

• Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katkim wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Drea, but at least you got positive feedback :)

I got an interview today, I'm not really prepared! :o Going to read up on their company now.

Good luck Katkim, i've got an interview this afternoon as well as 2.00pm. I've done all the prep and going to start getting ready soon.

What do other people do when they've got an interview in the afternoon, i've just been trying to chill and currently watching an episode of Doctor Who trying not to get stressed about it. I much prefer an interview in the morning, get it over and done with!
  • first78
    first78 Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the last interview I went for, in December, I got a call to say it was a no, but the woman said it was between me and another candidate. She said they were very impressed with my interview and said they may have opportunities coming up again in the near future and asked if I'd like to be kept on file for those...I said yes, of course!!

I've been checking their website and have seen no vacancies come up yet, but when they do I plan to call up and ask if they will consider me for the post. Fingers crossed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure