Support Each Other In Looking For Work?

Options

Comments

• williacg
    williacg Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    fedster wrote: »
    From 1 October 2011, agency workers will have the same rights as permanent staff, including pay, holidays and other conditions of employment, after 12 calendar weeks on an assignment.
    http://www.apbusinesscontacts.com/the_people_bulletin-pb_5/agencyworker.aspx

Or is that wrong,Williac?

Thanks for the link Fedster, shall take a look. Hopefully there will be some Recruitment Consultant posters with further details to add.
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2011 at 11:54PM
    Options
    I've had two interviews in the past week, one I'm hopeful for and the other I knew I hadn't got from the moment I entered the reception area, announced I was there for an interview and the two twelve year old anorexics behind the desk looked me up and down to let me know I didn't stand a chance. :)
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • katkim
    katkim Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    shikoku wrote: »
    I've had two interviews in the past week, one I'm hopeful for and the other I knew I hadn't got from the moment I entered the reception area, announced I was there for an interview and the two twelve year old anorexics behind the desk looked me up and down let me know I didn't stand a chance. :)

Ouch! But would you want to work with co-workers like that?

Hope you get some good news about the other one though.

I got another invite for an interview today, which was unexpected. I advertised interview date was last week, so I thought I got a 'thanks but no thanks' by virtue of no-reply. However, the letter did say that due to the number of respondants, instead of one day of interviews there will be two. So, it sounds like they're interviewing more people.
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    katkim wrote: »
    Ouch! But would you want to work with co-workers like that?.

TBH I sat there wanting to laugh at them.
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    shikoku wrote: »
    I've had two interviews in the past week, one I'm hopeful for and the other I knew I hadn't got from the moment I entered the reception area, announced I was there for an interview and the two twelve year old anorexics behind the desk looked me up and down to let me know I didn't stand a chance. :)
    katkim wrote: »
    Ouch! But would you want to work with co-workers like that?

Hope you get some good news about the other one though.

I got another invite for an interview today, which was unexpected. I advertised interview date was last week, so I thought I got a 'thanks but no thanks' by virtue of no-reply. However, the letter did say that due to the number of respondants, instead of one day of interviews there will be two. So, it sounds like they're interviewing more people.

Good luck both of you, I'll apparently hear tomorrow about mine.

Got a big list of the big companies here so going to start going direct to them tomorrow.
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently temping and i have found in the last few months that the best time to look at the jobcentre website is about 10am in the morning as its when most adverts come 'live' on the system. Another thing I have found is that you get different results from putting the town compared to the postcode, so for Nottingham it would find one set then NG1 would find a complete different set, so its worth having a check through them. Plus e-mail/call the minute you see the advert as doing that got me a temping job for 5 weeks as I replied as soon as i saw it.

You will get somewhere hopefully, its worth keep trying different ones though
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Drea
    Options
    I'm currently temping and i have found in the last few months that the best time to look at the jobcentre website is about 10am in the morning as its when most adverts come 'live' on the system. Another thing I have found is that you get different results from putting the town compared to the postcode, so for Nottingham it would find one set then NG1 would find a complete different set, so its worth having a check through them. Plus e-mail/call the minute you see the advert as doing that got me a temping job for 5 weeks as I replied as soon as i saw it.

You will get somewhere hopefully, its worth keep trying different ones though

Thanks for the advice! I'll need to start putting the town in too and seeing if more jobs pop up :)
  • Drea
    Options
    Got up early, came online ready to apply for jobs all day... to find only one new job on the job centre website! Which I can't do as the person would need to drive.

Will go through the big company websites now but was hoping for more.
  • November5th
    Options
    I finally have an interview with one of the recruiters I really want to meet and be on the books of tomorrow. Will spend today cramming up on the latest marketing strategies for my field, in particular SEO.

How do other people cope when they feel they are winging it a little bit?

I have a meeting with a great careers advisor tomorrow morning, what is the best way she could help me prepare for this meeting?

I feel that mess up a job interview you lose out on one job, mess up with a good recruiter and you miss out on twenty or more!
  • Drea
    Options
    I finally have an interview with one of the recruiters I really want to meet and be on the books of tomorrow. Will spend today cramming up on the latest marketing strategies for my field, in particular SEO.

How do other people cope when they feel they are winging it a little bit?

I have a meeting with a great careers advisor tomorrow morning, what is the best way she could help me prepare for this meeting?

I feel that mess up a job interview you lose out on one job, mess up with a good recruiter and you miss out on twenty or more!

You mean good ones actually exist? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure