Cheap Cinema Tickets Note discussion

Options
For a rundown of some top deals at the cinema see
If you've spotted or heard of others, or you've feedback on those I've listed, please post below.
... just click 'post reply' to report new offers
Thanks for your help
[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• jaimelicious
    Options
    Er, just a couple of things about the CEA card..

You don't have to be 'in care' to get one - that usually means in a residential care placement. You have to get DLA, Attendance Allowance, or be registered blind, and need someone (carer or personal assistant) to help you while at the cinema.

Also, it's the disabled person who pays for a ticket, and the carer or personal assistant who's allowed in free because they are assumed to be there to allow the disabled person to access the cinema, and not for their own benefit.

Picky, I know, sorry!
  • keamba
    Options
    My local ODEON charges £1 for kids club on a Sat & Sun morning, and an adult gets in free. It's usually the same film as Vue are showing but you don't have to pay for the adult. Bargain.
  • dineline
    Options
    Hey, I just got a three month free VIP card from Vue, for me and a friend . Typical, I cant drive because of a hand operation so am grabing friends to take me, or meet me to use it as much as possible. I saw this woman looking at the list on saturday, and invited her to join me. Turned out we worked together 20 years ago. Providence smiles on those who smile Bargain. I did a couple of surveys for them on line. Thanks Vue x
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Be careful with the Tesco/Lovefilm 30 day free trial as they automatically charge you after they send 2 DVDs!
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• I registered at Vue for a super sunday saver card and now get tickets to the films on offer (normally most of them) for £3.85 each (2D, 3D is more) so for 7 of us we were £27 to see Tangled last week. Obviously it's only valid on a Sunday but it's a fantastic saving.
  • rodins
    Options
    So everyone who has an "Unlimited" card has been told that the price will go up from £13.50 a month to £14.99 a month in April.

However, if you cancel your Unlimited contract before April then sign up again before the price rise kicks in, you can get another 12 months at £13.50, saving you £18 over the year, not a lot but still something.

You must be out of your initial 12 month contract to be able to cancel, if you are still in the first 12 months then the price won't go up to £14.99 until the end of your initial contract.
  • shortround_2
    Options
    My local Vue are giving away £1.50 off vouchers when you get a ticket.
    I go on a tuesday night , use my cheap tuesday card and use the voucher as well - the ticket comes to £2.70
    They have a 2 week expirey date (If they are stamped...).
  • hairyclaire
    Options
    Yazoo milk drinks currently showing promo label of 2 for 1 cinema tickets with every purchase. Requires you to enter bottle code via their web site and print voucher. My local cinema voucher valid Sunday to Thursday and expires 30th June 2011. Only 5 vouchers allowed per person.
    Yazoo available at Tesco currently BOGOF!! Or visit yazoo website to print off 20 pence off coupon. :rotfl:

No mortgage but a teenage dirt bag to waste my money! :p
  • Rickycalla
    Options
    Hello,

I run a facebook group called Movieworld (soon to be a blog site as well) which gives away two free tickets to Cineworld Edinburgh everyweek and, when possible, offers tickets to advanced screenings as well.

Would it be possible to put any information on MoneySavingExpert about this site - the more 'likes' i have the more free tickets i can get.

Kind Regards,

Richard Callaghan
  • Tipps
    Tipps Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Please don't forget that Picturehouse cinemas offer a membership scheme which gives you 3 free tickets and £2 discount on tickets plus no booking fee on the website. I think it's £30 for single membership and £50 for joint (6 free tickets). At the cinema I use, full price evening tickets cost £8, so you only need to go 7 times a year (just over once in two months) to make membership worthwhile. Your membership card also gets you 10% off food and drink at the cinema & I'm pretty sure it's valid in all Picturehouse cinemas.

If you're a keen movie goer and like indie or world films and the occasional blockbuster and visit Picturehouse regularly this is a must. I've saved loads and the online booking system is good as well - you can print your ticket at home and don't need to queue up for it when you get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure